Please help me guys

vendemilo

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, what can I do and What could be the possible cause of this, as I have been trying to update my Lumia 520 since two days now but it keeps giving me this message below:
THE UPDATE COULDN'T BE DOWNLOADED. (801881d). Hi guys, what is the difference between a soft reset and hard reset? Thanks

Sent from my RM-914_im_south_africa_243 using Tapatalk

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, what is the difference between a soft reset and hard reset?

A soft reset will just reset some settings. It does not erase anything on the phone.

A hard reset will wipe your phone clean and 'refresh' the OS/firmware.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
In you particular situation I recommend doing a soft reset -> hold volume down and power button until phone vibrates and then release, phone will restart. You may need to reset date and time.

I would also recommend using Sysapp Pusher to check your system apps are up to date - SysApp Pusher | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom)

If either of those don't work you can start with a hard reset - Settings -> About -> Phone reset. Remember to backup your phone prior to doing this. Keep in mind all game data or in app data will be lost.

If that doesn't work there's always this software: http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...-quietly-releases-software-recovery-tool.html

You'll need a WiFi connection, USB cable and a Win 7 or 8 machine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon