New Nokia user major gripes!

noelito

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Although I have been using windows phone since the beginning back in 2010 I have never used a nokia as my daily driver well this week I picked up a 1020 as my Samsung ATIV S died a watery death after I left it in my gym shorts and threw it in the wash.

I have to say using this phone has been a strange experience, I was almost left stranded with a dead phone at work because the phone would not accept my non nokia microusb cable and generic usb wall charger plugin that connects to the usb cable, the phone would say it is charging while continuing to discharge, it wasn?t until I borrowed a coworkers charger cable for her galaxy phone did the phone finally start charging and not only that a usb battery juice pack I bought from china through ebay would not charge the phone either, friggin useless, all my previous phones didn?t care what kind of cable or charger I used as long as it was micro usb

And here is another very very large gripe I have with the brightness setting, I like to keep the brightness at low while im work because people behind me don?t need to see what im doing well with this nokia phone that?s not the case, the phone is still too bright even at low! And when I set it to low and leave it at automatic it?s a little lower but if I change my environment to a different lighted area it gets bright cause its on automatic. I miss the days of my Samsung or htc phones where I had the brightness at low and it was the perfect amount of low to keep my business discreet and private, now when I use my phone at work Im embarrassed at how bright it is and so I just deal

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Not sure why you are having the charging issues. My 920 has accepted everything I have plugged into it. With one exception, a usb in a friend's car. It just would not have it.

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
We've got loads of cables from goodness knows where and they all work apart from one which doesn't sit right in the socket.
Yes, to the brightness issues, I quite often read on my phone in bed at night and it is a bit too bright, his lordship complains that the light is keeping him awake <rolls eyes>. A lower setting would be nice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon