Best Buy not going to sell Icon?

chaz2400

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I stopped by my local Best Buy today to ask if they were going to carry the Icon starting this Thursday and if they had any info on promotions, etc. The young lady that assisted me had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. When I mentioned it was a new Windows phone, she said "oh, we don't carry those because nobody wants them." I then pointed to the display of the 1520 one isle over and she said they do carry a "select few" for AT&T but she doesn't recommend them. She finally confirmed that they do not and will not carry Windows phones for Verizon. Has anyone else heard of this? No wonder WP gets a bad rap. It would help if they would actually sell it.

JBConforti

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
I stopped by my local Best Buy today to ask if they were going to carry the Icon starting this Thursday and if they had any info on promotions, etc. The young lady that assisted me had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. When I mentioned it was a new Windows phone, she said "oh, we don't carry those because nobody wants them." I then pointed to the display of the 1520 one isle over and she said they do carry a "select few" for AT&T but she doesn't recommend them. She finally confirmed that they do not and will not carry Windows phones for Verizon. Has anyone else heard of this? No wonder WP gets a bad rap. It would help if they would actually sell it.

Considering the fact that some verizon reps are saying the same thing makes any of what they hard to take seriously. I'd wait til thursday and see what happens.

anon6002755

May 17, 2013
Visit site
The Microsoft store rep I spoke to on the phone acted oblivious. Just because they work there doesn't mean they know any thing...unfortunately.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Lol I'm not surprised by this. I was the first person to buy a windows phone from my best buy over a year ago. Went in yesterday. The manager knew very little about it.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Lol I'm not surprised by this. I was the first person to buy a windows phone from my best buy over a year ago. Went in yesterday. The manager knew very little about it.

This is a very common problem every where with all carriers. I wonder if MSFT is aware of this problem. I am assuming that they are since many WP users have notice this situation. I also wonder what is being done to address it.

jpling

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
It's very unfortunate. I remember when I went to buy my 928 on launch day. I wound up leaving the store mad as sin and bought online. They literally didn't want to sell me the phone saying I'd just bring it back!!

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Why they downgrade WP so bad simply saying "nobody wants them". What if they actually try to sell it not pushing Android and ios first. I'm sure sells would go better. I've been on WP since 710 came out and since then I've seen less than 5 ppl carrying WP device. No wonder why)

Markham Ranja

Banned
Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I was at a Best Buy in Sunnyvale, CA, last week and wanted to try out the 1520. There were absolutely no WP handsets set out as demo units, not even those plastic dummies, and the only WP they had in stock was the T-Mobile 521 (even those were somewhere 'in the back').

Dush Ku

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
It's very unfortunate. I remember when I went to buy my 928 on launch day. I wound up leaving the store mad as sin and bought online. They literally didn't want to sell me the phone saying I'd just bring it back!!

apparently sales people are very fearful of returns

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

I've wondered if that's at least part of the reason salespeople often try to steer customers to iPhone and Android. But in reality, do WPs have a higher rate of return? Do they think customers won't like them and bring them back? Are WPs more trouble prone? It would be interesting to see some real life statistics.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site

Unless I'm mistaken, returns count against their total sales and commissions. I firmly believe most of the WP phones that come back are due to the lack of training by WP knowledgeable people at time of purchase. Most can't believe it's so easy to use and try and make it too difficult.

ImJustaBilly

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I work at Best Buy Mobile. Returns DO count against our scores lol. I'm also looking to get an Icon to give this old Trophy a much needed retirement.

admorris#AC

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I've wondered if that's at least part of the reason salespeople often try to steer customers to iPhone and Android. But in reality, do WPs have a higher rate of return? Do they think customers won't like them and bring them back? Are WPs more trouble prone? It would be interesting to see some real life statistics.

That's EXACTLY why they don't push them...safer bet with mainstream android and iOS. In a way, I can't say I blame them.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon