Problem after replacement

Mr_M_Cox

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

Yesterday my new Lumia 925 arrived to replace my faulty 920. Everything with it has been great, I actually prefer the handset to the 920. However, it will not show up in windows via either explorer or via the Windows Phone for desktop app running on Win 7 x64

In Device manager I have got it as far as showing 2 "WinUSB" devices and a single "Windows Phone" device which appears with the little phone icon but also a yellow !

If I right click the "Windows Phone" device and select to check for updated drivers Windows comes back with that the driver is already up to date and, within the driver install window, it shows the installed device as a "MTP USB Device".

My 920 has always worked fine when connecting to this same or any other PC.

Please help! I want to sync my music and cant :-(

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
This problem seems to occur every now and then. Not sure what causes it, but give the following method a try and see if it works for you. It doesn't work for everyone, but it seems to have done the trick for some people who have had this problem.

• Connect the phone again to the computer using your USB cable
  • Keep the phone plugged in through the USB to the computer throughout this
  • Whilst still connected through USB, turn the phone off by holding it's power button down as you usually would. The phone should switch off and restart
  • After the phone has restarted, check to see if the phone is now properly detected by Windows

KCandSunshine13

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
This method worked for me with my Lumia 928 & Windows 7 laptop. Thanks!

This problem seems to occur every now and then. Not sure what causes it, but give the following method a try and see if it works for you. It doesn't work for everyone, but it seems to have done the trick for some people who have had this problem.

• Connect the phone again to the computer using your USB cable
  • Keep the phone plugged in through the USB to the computer throughout this
  • Whilst still connected through USB, turn the phone off by holding it's power button down as you usually would. The phone should switch off and restart
  • After the phone has restarted, check to see if the phone is now properly detected by Windows

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon