A Way to Reinstall WP OS??

mrjack

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm having issues with my OS since updating the OS. Is there any way to reinstall the current OS (the newest/latest for my 1520) and not just doing a restore? I'm thinking the downloaded update was compromised in some fashion that is causing my issues. I'm coming from iOS and I know there is a way to do a reinstall on the iPhone, but unsure on the WP platform.

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
You can do a hard reset by going to settings > about. It will erase everything on your phone and restore the OS to factory settings.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
You can also download a utility program called Nokia Software Recovery Tool on your PC and can actually reflash the ROM onto the phone.

Jarip

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm having issues with my OS since updating the OS. Is there any way to reinstall the current OS (the newest/latest for my 1520) and not just doing a restore? I'm thinking the downloaded update was compromised in some fashion that is causing my issues. I'm coming from iOS and I know there is a way to do a reinstall on the iPhone, but unsure on the WP platform.

Nokia software updater (NSU) 4.1 - it should offer you a latest version ...

There is also new "Nokia Software Recovery Tool Installer 1.1.3.0" - it should be around the same, but targeting also to recovery of unresponsive cp ....

Well, there is also Nokia Care Suite (NCS - NokiaCareSuiteForStore-2013.49.3.30), some give you a chance to download and install other country fw version too (as your current one) - to use it (as it is not meant for end users), you have to use modified "UserGroupsConfiguration.cfg" file ...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes