Flight mode still uses a lot of power

wps81

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I put my 1520 to flight mode when sleep. It was 97%. When I wake up, power drops to 77%. Whopping 20% lost!

Does anyone experience this? Do I need to also enable battery saving mode?

Last edited:

sotoy_yuk

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
It happen to my and my friend's 920. It seems that an app still processing something and eating something. For me it was the lock screen tile from system tiles

wps81

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
It happen to my and my friend's 920. It seems that an app still processing something and eating something. For me it was the lock screen tile from system tiles

My 820 is fine. It only drops 3% in flight mode. Almost same apps and settings as 1520.

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Something is definitely not right. My 1520 goes down about 7-8% overnight with WiFi always on.

Sounds like some app is stuck in the background. Try and soft reset and check overnight again.

wps81

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Something is definitely not right. My 1520 goes down about 7-8% overnight with WiFi always on.

Sounds like some app is stuck in the background. Try and soft reset and check overnight again.

Yes, I will first try reset, and if not working I will try flight mode + battery save mode.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Mine charges when I sleep, I just put it on the powermat and hit the sack. I love the battery in this thing, and could probably go a couple days without having to charge it, but why? In most peoples lives we are never further away from a power source for more that a couple hours anyway. I like to start the day with a freshly charged battery, so I can try my best to get this thing under 60% before bedtime. LoL But I agree with the others, there is an app that is running in the background. Need to find which one and shut it down.

wps81

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Mine charges when I sleep, I just put it on the powermat and hit the sack. I love the battery in this thing, and could probably go a couple days without having to charge it, but why? In most peoples lives we are never further away from a power source for more that a couple hours anyway. I like to start the day with a freshly charged battery, so I can try my best to get this thing under 60% before bedtime. LoL But I agree with the others, there is an app that is running in the background. Need to find which one and shut it down.

It is diffcult to find cos there is no battery usage audit like in Android.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Go to settings->background tasks (on the applications page).

Block any application that you don't want working in the background. Typically, if you have a live tile on your start screen or lock screen, enable the background tasks, otherwise block it and let it get data when you open the app.

wps81

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Go to settings->background tasks (on the applications page).

Block any application that you don't want working in the background. Typically, if you have a live tile on your start screen or lock screen, enable the background tasks, otherwise block it and let it get data when you open the app.

I often do this. I don't think it is to do with any background task cos my 820 has same set of settings and apps and only consumes about 3% overnight. It seems a tough battle to find out reason.

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I often do this. I don't think it is to do with any background task cos my 820 has same set of settings and apps and only consumes about 3% overnight. It seems a tough battle to find out reason.
how many apps have you already installed? Uninstall all Nokia apps first then try to reinstall your other apps (one at a time) and observe battery behavior. There are other battery threads here that will give you the idea what are the rogue apps..whatsapp as an example?

wps81

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
how many apps have you already installed? Uninstall all Nokia apps first then try to reinstall your other apps (one at a time) and observe battery behavior. There are other battery threads here that will give you the idea what are the rogue apps..whatsapp as an example?

OK. I will try your approach. I just reset my phone this morning, and tested flight mode for 30 min. Battery still drops 2%. I will update

wps81

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I read another thread, in which someone suggests bad guy is Battery app. So I removed the app.
I have done a quick test of enabling flight mode for 1 hour. The result is good. No battery level change. I will do a full overnight test tonight and report, and may do a comparison test with Battery app installed again later.

cariocap

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I put my 1520 to flight mode when sleep. It was 97%. When I wake up, power drops to 77%. Whopping 20% lost!

Does anyone experience this? Do I need to also enable battery saving mode?

maybe powering off the phone is better ?

Sorry, but I cant understand why using flight mode when sleeping.

Don?t use flight mode and use the silent mode

wps81

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
maybe powering off the phone is better ?

Sorry, but I cant understand why using flight mode when sleeping.

Don?t use flight mode and use the silent mode

Hi, your comment is off topic. But, powering off will surpress Alarm. Silent mode is just about sound (am I right?). Flight mode is most appropriate for me cos it sames power and allows Alarm.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2