Multiple hardware issues, 1 month old phone, they will replace or fix?

nyolc8

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
I have hardware issues with my screen(light leak), with the lcd itself(strange changing pixel error which maybe not even the display module problem, but gpu or something like this), and also I have issue with the jack connector(from 5 times, the headset only recognized plugged 1 time, I already tried to clean it and such). Do you think if the mainboard(because of gpu), the jack connector, and the lcd needs fix too, then they will replace the 75% of the phone? Or I'll just get a new phone? (btw I want to take it to t-mobile back)

Last edited:

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't know anything about TMO's return policy, but that seems your best bet in my opinion. It's still under warranty, so they may exchange it right there in the store, or they may not. I think that would depend on management. Be polite, but be insistent, and see where that gets you. I used to work in the extended warranty industry, and no way would I bend the rules for someone rude to me.

nyolc8

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Went to the tmobile store, they send me to nokia care (with the t-mobile warranty paper(?!))... Anyway, the guy at nokia care said he never saw that kind of error which I have (the strange red pixel). Also he said the screen is sligthly missaligned in the phone itself, that causing the light leak. So, they sent the phone to the central service... and now I have to wait 7-10 workdays... sigh...

nyolc8

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
I just got back my phone yesterday, every (even the pixel problem) problem got fixed, also I think the screen now has more contrast and brightness. I even got a screenprotector on it and the speaker got cleaned up also. It looks like a brand new phone. So everything is perfect now :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999