Question if this feature would be possible?

astraith

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I have been thinking if there would be any feature that I would want in a year or so now that I have this Lumia 1520 which is one awesome phone.

I can think of making it water proof - that would be a killer feature. And then I thought finger print scanner.

I'm curious if the camera could be used, with a software update, as a finger print scanner? Is that possible?

Anyway, it's just a question. I love this phone. It's so freaking big, and that's cool since I consume a lot of media and do a lot of reading for my phone.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I doubt if this could ever happen , since camera module isn't designed for fingerprint scanning , for that phone requires proper finger print scanning hardware and drivers with supported soc , drivers on platform , maybe wp 8.1 open gates for finger print scanning , that will be for new hardware \phones .I wish they could add face unlock one found on android from ICS. Hope you are enjoying with your Lumia 1520 :)

Mohammad Arshad

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
I think you can use the camera too do finger print detection, using some sort of image recognition. But it won't be very accurate and will drain resources. So yes, I second Himanshu. With additional hardware in Wp8.1 phones, it maybe a possibility.

astraith

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys! I'm loving this phone. Literally, the bigger screen was a great choice. Then the sound of the speaker is great too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon