Sudden 920 Issues

CaptBender

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Greetings!

I'm having some odd issues with my 920(s) that I am hoping you guys can assist with. Here goes...My wife and I both have 920's on AT&T and we've had them pretty much since they launched. Both have been absolutely rock solid. However, recently, over the past 2 weeks or so, my phone has been rebooting randomly and my wife's phone is lagging really bad. The rebooting on mine seems to be completely random over a short period of time. For example, today over an hour or so it rebooted 3 times for no reason I can see. The phone was just sitting on my desk not being used and I look over at it to see it's rebooting.
My wife's phone randomly lags really bad. For example, she will be typing a text to me and it will appear to just freeze. It does come back after 30 seconds or so and quickly goes through the keystrokes that she tried while it was "locked up". Like a fast-motion queuing or something. Very odd.
As I said, both phones have been absolutely rock solid until very recently and there is nothing in common between them other than they are both 920's. My wife is a very "light user" of the phone and does not have many apps installed but rather sticks to core functionality. No new apps have been installed on either phone that may be cause these weird issues. I have not performed a hard reset on either as I'm trying to avoid it if I can, but that will likely be my next step but before do that, I thought I'd ask the pros first.
Is it possible that the 920 hardware is just wearing out and causing these issues? I honestly don't believe that but I can't think of anything else.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Erick Rmz

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Do you know if an OS update was made recently? May be both are configured for automatic updating... Quite weird to see issues at same time in both phones...

Sent from my Nokia Lumia using Tapatalk

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
A soft reset on my 920 always does it good.
It doesn't hurt anything to do this, like pulling the battery. Nothing is lost.
Hold the volume down button and the power button down until the phone vibrates, about 10 sec, release. The phone will turn off and restart.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon