Earphones volume too low

duquedavid

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Greetings! I recently bought a Nokia Lumia 720 and I'm really amazed by it, but there is just one thing that is concerning me: The speaker volume is alright, but the earphone volume is just REALLY too low! Even on vol 30! I tried using other earphones but it seems that it is some restriction of the device itself. There is anyway I can do to resolve this? Any fix or hack I can use to boost the volume? Please, this city is really noisy and I can barely hear my music while walking on the streets or in bus or subway trains etc.

Anyone can help me?

bayanii

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
It seems like a common problem. I read a post on Nokia conversation and the moderator said that it was quality control. That was it.

There is an equalizer in the advanced audio settings. Maybe mess with it. Its a possible solution.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Get noise cancelling earphones?

I've heard this a few times and I'm always baffled by it because I find the volume just fine. Some people like it loud I guess.

duquedavid

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
It seems like a common problem. I read a post on Nokia conversation and the moderator said that it was quality control. That was it.

There is an equalizer in the advanced audio settings. Maybe mess with it. Its a possible solution.
Quality control? Not really good if you are forcing your users to hear low music all the time when they want to hear loud. I'm not the kind of person who listen music on the very max volume but when the outside noise affect too much mt listening experience I know that there is something wrong.
It gets a little better when I use the Enhance High preset but it doesn't help much. I can't see reasons for Nokia to do this, really. If someone wants to hear low they will set the volume low!
Noise cancelling earphones are too expensive, at least here in Brazil. :/ I never had to use one on any device I had so far.

bayanii

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Quality control? Not really good if you are forcing your users to hear low music all the time when they want to hear loud. I'm not the kind of person who listen music on the very max volume but when the outside noise affect too much mt listening experience I know that there is something wrong.
It gets a little better when I use the Enhance High preset but it doesn't help much. I can't see reasons for Nokia to do this, really. If someone wants to hear low they will set the volume low!
Noise cancelling earphones are too expensive, at least here in Brazil. :/ I never had to use one on any device I had so far.

Maybe with the independent volume controls for windows phone 8.1, it will resolve that issue for your model. Don't quote me.

Plug ins are an option. Check Amazon. There's always good deals. I believe wpcental.com has WP products.

vormison

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I agree that hopefully the independent volume controls solve this with 8.1 - as said above. I have a 920 and there really is a serious discrepancy between volume levels. I'll use Nokia Here while listening to music in my car via Aux. The music will be hardly audible at 30 while the turn by turn directions will be blasting.

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I started on volume 17-20 on pre black/gdr3, im now on 24-30 at black/gdr3.

Or my ears are getting worse, or my earphone is deteriorating or volume got lowered somehow

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes