Context aware ringtone volume

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
A few days back I had this very exciting idea and I don't believe it has been implemented anywhere

On all our mobile phones we have context aware screen brightness controls such that when the outside light is high, the screen can increase it's brightness automatically if we had selected that kind of setting.

Now what if we could have the same capabilities with the phone ringtone? If there is a lot of noise in the environment, such as a factory environment or a party or in the bus, the ringtone would be loud whenever a message or call came in. And if you suddenly went into a company meeting or to a funeral or something with low noise, the ringtone would be much lower in terms of volume

So I've just submitted feedback on the same, you can find it below:

https://aka.ms/irwj5b

Hope you can upvote it

Thank you

Danobe

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
Hm, not sure that would work as well as I'd like. If the microphone is rubbing even ever so slightly in a bag or a loose pocket, it will think there is A LOT of background noise when there really isn't.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hm, not sure that would work as well as I'd like. If the microphone is rubbing even ever so slightly in a bag or a loose pocket, it will think there is A LOT of background noise when there really isn't.

Then maybe it can take the average over the last time period, say 5 minutes to gauge the overall sound levels - if there was a sharp bang, that wouldn't affect the volume so much since it would be averaged out

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos