SD Card Corruption?

metsfan421

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I upgraded to the 8.1 DP and after doing this I feel my SD card has been corrupted. I've been having multiple issues taking photos and video as well as installing new apps which I had set to go to the SD card. I also checked storage sense and since I had everything set to go to the SD card I figured there would be some space used. There's currently nothing showing, so I believe it is corrupted and needs to be formatted. Is there a way to format the SD card without taking it out of the phone and connecting it to the computer?

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

Vicious Enzyme

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Having the same issue on an authentic SanDisk card I've been using happily in my pmp.
Winphone 8+ corrupts the data.

Formatted using the device and other tools (windows 8 pro, SD formatter etc), the issue always returns when the card is used in the phone.

Formatting will not fix the issue.

Fred Wilson2

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I have a similar problem with a L830 that I have (and also with a L730 that I use to have).
What happens with me is when I'm using the phone heavily using during a chat with viber or one of the other chat apps, the phone appears to "lockup" for a few seconds, that is doesn't respond to any screen touches, then reboots and usually comes up then with a message that there is a problem with the SD card, and ask if I want it fixed. I always reply "yes" and in a few seconds the phone is back and everything seems ok.
Haven't actually lost any data on the SD cards yet, but I also regularly back them up.
I've tried several brands and speeds of MicroSD cards and still have that problem.
Doesn't happen everyday, maybe once or twice a week.
Since I've had that on two Nokia's now and I also see something similar reported here and also on some of the other Nokia forums, I suspect that there is something just inherently wrong with Nokia's and Windows. I had an Samsung ATIV SE (windows 8.0) for a couple of months and never had that problem with the SD card.

Fred

Neet Binhani

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm facing the same issue, after upgrading to 8.1 DP in Nokia Lumia 625.
Have formatted and even changed sd cards ... problem still persists!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgiHudi