Watch the June 24Windows 11 event right here

05-13-2014 06:30 AM
80 1234
tools
    Have you ever seen a psychologist?

Also, I expect there will be future versions of WP beyond 8.1. Unless you know differently, of course.
    hold on hold on! before saying something.....he gave his opinion but he didn't give a reason as to why it's not future proof....there will be updates in the future....and in my opinion we will have future updates for all the phones and L920 is not a 512MB RAM (they work just as well) device that it will get outdated in the future! I use a L920 and it's perfect right now....and I hope it will be in the future...so before asking me whether I've ever seen a psychologist which had no relation to whatever I said....maybe you got it wrong! I said "duct tape his mouth" I never said that I'm gonna duct tape his mouth and kidnap him or whatever.....it was a metaphor....I meant the CEX guy should STFU! oh wait I'm being offensive -_- he should just keep quiet and sit in a corner!
    most of the people you're pointing out here...we don't mean it literally you should have that much sense! we're not criminal minded
    anon(8657436) likes this.
    04-29-2014 11:46 PM
    Have you ever seen a psychologist?
    Seriously? Are you mad?
    Last edited by Barkerv; 04-30-2014 at 12:12 AM.
    hope4wp and xandros9 like this.
    04-29-2014 11:57 PM
    Please read this again. You guys (and I'm guessing you are guys) really need to think before you post.
    I got a better idea. Why don't you think before insinuating that someone is crazy who is clearly not. If you can't be friendly, and you go around telling people they need help or should see a doctor because they are posting their opinions on a forum then you seriously need help. Think about what you've been posting, then come back and apologize, and then maybe people will take you seriously.

You owe someone an apology.
    hope4wp likes this.
    04-30-2014 12:11 AM
    I got a better idea. Why don't you think before insinuating that someone is crazy who is clearly not. If you can't be friendly, and you go around telling people they need help or should see a doctor because they are posting their opinions on a forum then you seriously need help. Think about what you've been posting, then come back and apologize, and then maybe people will take you seriously.

I've been around the internet long enough to know that trolls will be trolls. The thing is, they actually think people value their opinions. Isn't that sad.

On aside note, my original post was meant to be more harsh towards these freaks who work in stores selling phones but I decided a while back that I should be so harsh.
    04-30-2014 12:20 AM
    ah this guy from CEX is a clown. I don't think he knows what hes talking about. hey op don't listen to this guy. you're better off asking questions here
    04-30-2014 12:44 AM
    He's talking out his ****. 8.1 runs just fine on the 920.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
    04-30-2014 01:04 AM
    920 has been released on September 2012 and I bought mine on September 2013. If you are NOT a HEAVY GAMER then grab a 920 as long as there is a good deal, but I would highly recommend you to buy a Quad Core Windows Phone with 3,000 mah battery which is 1520 for better future proof.
    04-30-2014 02:15 AM
    Depends what you mean by future proof. The 920 runs 8.1 fine and will continue to be updated, but its no longer state of the art.
    04-30-2014 02:25 AM
    Depends what you mean by future proof. The 920 runs 8.1 fine and will continue to be updated, but its no longer state of the art.
    But yet, they sell brand new phones with less specs. My only problem is now that my 920 is getting old, the battery isn't as good as it was. But I could see a brand new 920 lasting a good 1.5-2 years just fine with no problems. My 920 currently runs 8.1 with no issues. All apps can install and run on it. I'm currently doing everything from Halo to video editing and everything in-between just fine. I'm going to try to make my phone last till at least this fall.
    04-30-2014 02:41 AM
    The 920 is just a solid, solid device. Sure I wish it has more memory, but given just how well it ran Windows Phone 8 and that it can run Windows Phone 8.1 to the best of its capabilities (at least, as good as Microsoft had written the software), I see no reason it wouldn't last at minimum a year if not longer. But if it's used, you might not get as much mileage out of it battery wise. That's the only thing I would worry about.
    04-30-2014 03:55 AM
    I wonder if it's hard to change the battery. Maybe i'll bing that later today.
    lcw731 and tapehead like this.
    04-30-2014 04:26 AM
    Well, i did the exchange today and the original i spoke to wasn't there, this guy was obviously a windows phone fan, just now trying to get used to this wonderful phone.

Must admit i thought it would be updated to 8.1, as others have posted that 8.1 works well, bit confused.

Not a problem as its great on 8.0
    04-30-2014 04:21 PM
    Well, i did the exchange today and the original i spoke to wasn't there, this guy was obviously a windows phone fan, just now trying to get used to this wonderful phone.

Must admit i thought it would be updated to 8.1, as others have posted that 8.1 works well, bit confused.

Not a problem as its great on 8.0
    8.1 isn't out for the public yet. If you want 8.1, you gotta go here: All you need to know about the Windows Phone 8.1 'Preview for Developers' | Windows Phone Central

Otherwise, you'll have to wait for the official release that includes the firmware too.
    04-30-2014 04:28 PM
    you have to update it yourself Bing how to do that.
    04-30-2014 04:29 PM
    Isn't anyone surprised that the guy knew what wp 8.1 was?
    tapehead likes this.
    04-30-2014 04:49 PM
    Been playing with this 920 since i exchanged yesterday, wow its sure different to Android and iOS, very much miss the notifications, and control of the individual volumes and especially the quick toggles, but loving the smooth quick and BIG wording is fantastic, its got all if not most of the day to day apps I ever use, gaming is done on my Ipad anyway, so not looked into this area to much.
    love the weight of the phone, it feels just right. just got to get used to setting up these tiles now...

Think I'll wait for the official 8.1, I can live with the lack of notifications etc till then:)
    hope4wp and vaultsurvivor like this.
    05-01-2014 03:16 AM
    I was nervous about doing the 8.1 thing, but I'm glad I did. I couldn't imagine going back.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
    anon(5445874) likes this.
    05-01-2014 03:01 PM
    The Lumia Cyan update (wp 8.1 with Nokia added toppings) will be more fine tuned. Right now I get 22 hrs of battery life on the preview release - a far cry from to what I'm used to. But I don't think I would be able to live without the action centre and independent volume control now lol. So yeah, the 8.1 update will give pretty much all windows phones a new lease of life.

One question, is the 920 you picked from CEX branded or unbranded?
    05-07-2014 02:13 AM
    It's an unbranded unlocked from factory. Had a choice of two. The other one was an unlocked EE. Absolutely loving 8.1 really takes windows phone forward

Sent from a Lumia far far away
    05-07-2014 04:28 AM
    Looking at today's phones, I don't think the Nokia 1100 (best selling phone of all time, released in 2003) was future proof. No phone is future proof. Try installing Windows Phone 8.1 on this beast. I mean could hold a whopping 50 SMS messages in it's memory.
    200px-nokia1100_new.jpg
    tgp and xandros9 like this.
    05-07-2014 05:36 AM
    Good thing you got the unbranded and unlocked one, as at least you wont have to wait for EE to roll out the Lumia cyan update :P. Also from your post, I'm presuming you installed the developer preview for 8.1?
    05-07-2014 09:07 AM
    Good thing you got the unbranded and unlocked one, as at least you wont have to wait for EE to roll out the Lumia cyan update :P. Also from your post, I'm presuming you installed the developer preview for 8.1?

Yes have installed the developers preview, can't work out why it's just a preview as it runs flawlessly

Sent from a Lumia far far away
    05-08-2014 12:56 AM

I was objecting, and I still object, to the violent tone of the post, in particular the statement threatening to "duct tape his mouth" and the (admittedly common) metaphor suggesting this poor guy should "fall on his sword".

This is only technology. There's no need for such imagery.
    05-08-2014 12:56 PM
    you can't compare a dual-core 1 gig Windows Phone with a dual-core 1 gig Android...
    the latter is counting down to it's end of support at this moment
    Support...for what exactly?

The radio in my car might be out of its support cycle too, but as long as it keeps blasting Jimmy buffet at 4am... Who cares
    05-09-2014 03:47 AM
    Nothing man made is future proof. Buy what you like and use it until it's worn out
    Really? I hear that fire and the wheel are still quite popular.
    05-09-2014 04:33 AM
80 1234