I had my daughter talked into an Icon...But

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
My daughter was getting her first smart phone and I had her really considering a Win phone. She has outlook with lots of contacts and a calendar that she needed to play nice with a new smart phone. WinP8 should be best at this. She got a good sales rep that didn't try to steer her one way or another but when she tried the Icon she didn't like the sound quality. She said it was muffled and she even tried a second unit with the same results.

She now has a Galaxy S5.............Oh Well

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Give her galaxy, no matter how best is icon your daughter won't like it. Kids are into bandwagon effect.

Sent from my RM-941_im_india_204 using Tapatalk

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah and on top there are certain games that she definitely should have on her first smartphone (candy crush for example), hope this app scenario improves on wp

Zvjer

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Candy crush?? Why would you need candy if you have Bejeweled Live from EA? Can she play HALO spartan assault on S5? 😍 I think you should have bought her Lumia 1020 and teach her that NOT ONE of her friends can take so good photos as she can now. Specially with xenon on those dark atmosphere birthday 🎂 parties 😈

K Raghu

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
same thing here convinced my wife to use 920 but peer pressure she wants Sammy or Appy. its following the crowd .

if people don't use not sure how Lumia or WP is going to gain market share. even with 8.1 I ask sometime if I was new to market what would make me buy a WP device (Lumia, 8.1) just the camera ?

Camera in Lumia is way better than S5 or IOS but is Nokia or MS marketing it enough, how much can individual like us market it...

or at least get Nokia X in North America to kill competition from Adroid and then promote WP ,,, or something around that line..

got 2 920's , 1020, 1520, 521...

Highdefjunkie

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
My daughter was getting her first smart phone and I had her really considering a Win phone. She has outlook with lots of contacts and a calendar that she needed to play nice with a new smart phone. WinP8 should be best at this. She got a good sales rep that didn't try to steer her one way or another but when she tried the Icon she didn't like the sound quality. She said it was muffled and she even tried a second unit with the same results.

Not surprised kids are into Android. Apple is your parents phone and WP hasn't gained traction to be cool.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
My daughter HAD to have the iPhone 5 when it first came out. She was the FIRST one of her friends to have one. Then she HAD to have the latest Droid. Got her that as well. What does she use it for? Instagram, Vine, texting. /SMH...

Highdefjunkie

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
My daughter HAD to have the iPhone 5 when it first came out. She was the FIRST one of her friends to have one. Then she HAD to have the latest Droid. Got her that as well. What does she use it for? Instagram, Vine, texting. /SMH...

What do you think she'll use it for? She's a kid.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Candy crush?? Why would you need candy if you have Bejeweled Live from EA? Can she play HALO spartan assault on S5? 😍 I think you should have bought her Lumia 1020 and teach her that NOT ONE of her friends can take so good photos as she can now. Specially with xenon on those dark atmosphere birthday 🎂 parties 😈

Well it's about preferences and the social interaction involved with candy crush (exchanging power ups with friends on Facebook) and there is nothing wrong with playing bejeweled, it's just that when she is in a group she shouldn't be the one being left out of the gaming conversation or some apps missing, just saying...

Mike Gibson

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
It's interesting to watch the buying habits of my daughter's friends and classmates (8th grade). The majority have iPhones ... with broken screens. My daughter had an iPhone 4 (without the broken screen) but when she did great in school last year I got her a Galaxy Note 2. She loves the damn thing ... and can't stand the "tiny" iPhones her friends have. AAPL's no dummy so they're going to release larger models soon ... cha-ching!

knuckles245

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site

My daughter was the same, had to have an iPhone. I got her a Lumia 521 instead and as I suspected, she drops it alot and the phone is still working without a crack or screen scratch. She using the phone for exactly what other kids use it for in her circle, kik & instagram... Just less expensive. Lol.

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
WOW I don't believe the direction this post has gone. I did a search for call quality before I made the post as this was what this post is about. My daughter is not some giddy teen. She is in her mid thirties and is a Dentist that owns her own practice. She recently bought outlook for around a hundred bucks and worked hours getting all of her contacts off of her failing yahoo account. What should have been easy wasn't because yahoo is so screwed up lately. She has been using my 925 and likes how easy it is to use the OS.

A windows phone would have worked better for her but for the sound quality issue which is the reason I made the post. She had a flip phone for years while everyone else had smartphones and you clowns think peer pressure influenced her decision......"insert rude noise here"

MazoMark

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

I've heard one other person complain about this with Icon. I haven't experienced this with mine, though I use earphones most of time for calls. I do think the rear speaker could be better on Icon.

I'm surprised she went with S5 in this case. Would have thought those big, front facing speakers on HTC M8 would have won her over.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077