Question about swipe/tap issues and other past WP issues...

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
My question is: Is the swipe /tap issue related to the 8.1 DP? Is it on certain carrier versions/models or all across the board? Also, are there SIM card issues and "can't send text message" issues as with other previous Windows Phones? Thanks in advance for your help.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I spent way too much of my time researching the issue before decided to buy a 1520, which I've now owned for a week. My conclusion was that the swipe/tap bug had no correlation with variant. Owners of all colors and variants are experiencing it. It should also be said that there some owners that claim not to have the bug at all.

It is definitely not related to the 8.1 DP though. Most people complaining of the bug haven't installed the 8.1 DP, and many who had the bug prior to updating claim that it's still there.

I haven't come across "can't send text message" problems on these boards, or on the four Windows Phones I've owned. I think anything of that nature is isolated and more related to carrier or settings issues.

Psycorp

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
hasasimo is correct. The swipe/tap bug doesn't seem to be tied to variant, geography or colour. It's definitely not a WP8.1 bug. I've had my 1520 for nearly a month and it was present on WP8 from day one. I installed WP8.1 on the day of release and it didn't affect the bug. The only thing that has helped me is un-installing the Nokia Glance and Touch apps. My phone is mostly phantom tap free, however some particular apps still seem to activate the bug when I use them. The ebay and Sky Sports News apps to name two.

I've opened a question on the MS Community Forum about the swipe/tap bug...................... for what it's worth.

Lumia 1520 Swipe/Tap Bug - Screen Sensitivity - Phantom Taps - Microsoft Community

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
. My phone is mostly phantom tap free, however some particular apps still seem to activate the bug when I use them. The ebay and Sky Sports News apps to name two.

I've opened a question on the MS Community Forum about the swipe/tap bug...................... for what it's worth.

Oh no! I use the eBay app quite frequently. Well hopefully it will be fixed. Its such a premium phone and this will kind of take away from the experience for me. If you get an update and it disappears, will you come back to this thread and let me know?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes