Lumia 820 Not Working after the last update...

MrCartas

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,

After the last update (about a week ago) my Lumia 820's touch screen has stopped working. Is there any way I can revert it back to before the update? All I can do at this point is push the on button and restart it(power button and volume down). The screen is totally non-responsive.

I will probably need to flash it. What do you guys recommend? If I can't get it going i will probably have to go and get me another phone so I'm willing to try just about anything to revive it.

Thank you!

MrCartas

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Hello Vitor, Thank you for your response. I already tried that. I also pulled the battery out for some time and it still nothing.

thanks again!

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Try a hard reset. As your touch is not working there is another way to hard reset by pressing volume key power button and camera key but still you confirm it from someone else about the key combination for hard reset

MrCartas

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Well it didn't last. After working initially after the hard reset, when it goes to sleep I cant get it back working the touch screen is locked again. :(

MrCartas

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Honestly I didn't even checked what it was. it stated that there were updates available and I installed them. After the update the phone was on my home screen but the touch screen was non responsive.

This was about a week ago more or less.

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Downgrade your phone using nokia software recovery tool. There is a dedicated thread on how to downgrade your phone using nokia software recovery tool. Just search it and read it carefully

MrCartas

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Downgrade your phone using nokia software recovery tool. There is a dedicated thread on how to downgrade your phone using nokia software recovery tool. Just search it and read it carefully

It was Update 3 that was installed.

Thank you for your help. Once I was able to access the phone I was able to do a full phone reset. This resolved the issue. It's been a week and it all looks good. I did have to do a restore of my data, but it's working now so that's all that matters.

Thanks again!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon