Dell has Lumia 925 for 170.00

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't T-Mobile get your agreement to the 2 year contract BEFORE selling you the phone? I mean if they are subsidizing the price, the only way they get reimbursed is by those 2 years of service OR ETF.

And as noted, T-Mobile doesn't even have any contract plans on their web site any more so hopefully you are home free.

Sleepysaurus

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I was about to get the newegg deal when this thread popped up. really curious about how this Dell deal works out too. Can Tmo lock the phone's firmware somehow and only give you a release code if you sign up on a 2yr contract after you receive the phone? Seems pretty unlikely they would go to that length. If it were a 2 yr contract, this phone should be free.

OP, please post details when you receive the phone and if it's just a simple question of doing a typical unlock of the phone and you can use it on any other carrier, then I'll pounce on this deal as it's a reall good one!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't T-Mobile get your agreement to the 2 year contract BEFORE selling you the phone? I mean if they are subsidizing the price, the only way they get reimbursed is by those 2 years of service OR ETF.

And as noted, T-Mobile doesn't even have any contract plans on their web site any more so hopefully you are home free.

Dexter505

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
If it was really a contract it would have to be done before the phone was sold. I did not even have to put in my T-Mobile phone number.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
If it was really a contract it would have to be done before the phone was sold. I did not even have to put in my T-Mobile phone number.

​I hope Im wrong but I think you bought a phone with a 2 year contract attached. Since its a new contract (opening a new accout, not adding to your existing one) they wouldn't have asked for your T mobile number.

Did you buy it through Dells online site like the link you provided? If so, i have a feeling youll receive it in the mail with t mobile paperwork and a new phone number.

If your right, its a steal and Im gonna get one!

Last edited:

Dexter505

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I contacted T-Mobile and they said 3rd party can still offer contracts so I am cancelling the order and got it from Amazon for 199

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Considering some places online are selling the 925 for $220 off contract, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that this deal is legit & just mis-worded. Esp if they're not getting your social info first (huge red flag). Plus, $170 for a 925 on contract is a really crappy deal (they're basically free on contract everywhere now).

johaas

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Dang, I want to bite on this but I'm just too nervous to try, lol.
The checkout process is ridiculously standard. Just shipping and billing information. Oh well...

Last edited:

Sleepysaurus

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply Dex, i do see the $250 one. Might wait for the newegg one at $219 then.

Does anyone know if a locked tmo phone needs to be connected at least once to the Tmo network before 3rd part unlocking companies can ontain an unlock code? I read that in another thread and have not received anyone's reply on how true that is.

I am not a Tmo customer, so i need to be sure i can buy an unlock code to use on another carrier before i biy this phone.

The price moved from 199 to 249.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes