Lumia 1520 is unable to connect to WPA2 enabled Wifi hotspot

kunal2383

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I just got my Lumia 1520 handy but when I tried to connect it to the local Wifi hotspot (WPA2 encrypted), it times out saying "Connection unsuccessful - No response from the network". I searched the net for solutions and based on those, I restarted the Wifi Router, my Lumia 1520. Also I did a factory reset of the device. But still, it is unable to connect to Wifi hot spot.

I also tried connecting with another Wifi hotspot (WPA2), but nothing good happened. My other devices like Surface, Lumia 1020 are able to connect to the same hotspot without any issues. There is no restrictions on no. of Wifi connection as I am broadcasting the Wifi from my laptop (Windows 8.1 Update 1) as a virtual wifi hotspot.

Please suggest what needs to be done to resolve this and connect to Wifi without any issues.

roni09riku

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I'v also had the same problem before. Mine connects at times though, but most of the time it'll just say connecting then the message that says no response from network. My Lumia 900 could connect in the same WPA2 hotspot with no problems. I don't know what router you use but what I did was update my router's firmware. Then I tried to connect my Lumia 1520. It connected in a flash. Tried my other devices too and everything worked fine.

Afterwards, I talked to an IT expert friend of mine and told me that my router probably didn't want the handshake my phone was giving. I didn't understand most of it but that was his idea.

rakesh091

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I just got my Lumia 1520 handy but when I tried to connect it to the local Wifi hotspot (WPA2 encrypted), it times out saying "Connection unsuccessful - No response from the network". I searched the net for solutions and based on those, I restarted the Wifi Router, my Lumia 1520. Also I did a factory reset of the device. But still, it is unable to connect to Wifi hot spot.

I also tried connecting with another Wifi hotspot (WPA2), but nothing good happened. My other devices like Surface, Lumia 1020 are able to connect to the same hotspot without any issues. There is no restrictions on no. of Wifi connection as I am broadcasting the Wifi from my laptop (Windows 8.1 Update 1) as a virtual wifi hotspot.

Please suggest what needs to be done to resolve this and connect to Wifi without any issues.

djdurance#WP

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have an update on this. I still have issues with 8.1 and 8.1 with cyan and 8.1 with update 1. Poor connection quality and I can't connect to my work network. My 520, 720, 920 all have connected without issues. Also, both Surfaces work without issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon