This phone was flawless until...

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
That's very strange I never had such problem with any of my WP phones.... Maybe someone has deleted the photos? Or even you done it accidentally? By the way my Saved Photos folder backs up itself to OneDrive....

Are others finding Saved Photos backing up to OneDrive? I don't see this. If so, my apologizes.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
So under pictures, you should have a folder named something like Nokia icon. In there, should be at latest two folders, one camera roll and one saved photos. Don't see those?

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
The Saved Photos folder doesn't get saved to OneDrive. You can manually upload them to OneDrive however, and have them on any computer and most any phone. And if the photos were so important, why didn't you have them backed up, or at least connect to a PC on occasion to back things up.
My Nokia 920 backups the saved folder to OneDrive. If I delete photos on my device OneDrive deletes them as well. Only exception is photos saved to that OneDrive folder that didn't originate from that phone.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
When I did have an issue (which was probably my own fault because my desktop still ran SkyDrive while my phone OneDrive) I did a search under onedrive on the OneDrive app for WP and the folder showed up. (it was nowhere to be found before this). Now that I have update my desktop to OneDrive and relabeled SkyDrive folders under OneDrive folders and synched them everything runs fine. Try doing this. The folder tree just might have gotten corrupted!

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
My Nokia 920 backups the saved folder to OneDrive. If I delete photos on my device OneDrive deletes them as well. Only exception is photos saved to that OneDrive folder that didn't originate from that phone.

Yes, I see that now. However, in OneDrive, they are under the Pictures folder, not the SkyDrive Camera Roll, where the photos taken by the camera are stored.

OP, take note of this.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Icon has no SD card either, which makes me think it's a memory issue. Again, not too familiar, as I am only 11 days in.

I've done some looking and this seems to be a rare event. If you can find some card recovery software, you may be able to recover them.

Tutorial - How to Recover Lost Photos from Cell Phone

When you plug in your Icon via USB to a PC, it essentially is treated like a USB thumb drive or memory card. I've had to do this when I accidentally formatted a memory card before downloading the photos. I managed to recover most of the images.

As for the missing folder, it is possible that one or more of the memory chips could be defective. Software designed for recovering lost files on memory cards can also scan for errors.

I hope you still have the photos on your PC. Good luck.

sprtfan

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I tried this but I need a drive letter for the Cardrecovery tool to start? How did you get it to scan the phones internal storage?

shawnmos

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
Well, thanks anyway. This seems to be a serious problem, and I really dont want it to keep happening. Im going to take the phone back and will be heading back to android.

Windows 10 Mobile is not even out yet. You are using an UNRELEASED BETA OS on your phone then you fault the phone and OS when you have a problem and claim to be going back to android??? :eck:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos