Found a fix for the Battery issue with Windows Phone 8.1 DP

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The less you use your phone, the longer the battery will last.

That is the only fix for battery drain.

Bingo. WP8/8.1 does not drain excessive amounts of battery regularly. There is no fix to make your battery bigger than it is.

There is, occasionally, a weird burn where, without Cyan, WP8.1 locks up and you need to do a soft reset to unlock it/stop the burn.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
There is, occasionally, a weird burn where, without Cyan, WP8.1 locks up and you need to do a soft reset to unlock it/stop the burn.

It's not necessarily the OS locking per se; it's more likely apps not closing down properly and then for some reason they go into a meltdown mode and drains battery power and heats up the phone. It's possible that the last update broke some APIs and is the cause this. So hopefully, another update or the final WP8.1 w/ Cyan will fix this. It happened to me yesterday, then again today. It took two or three soft resets to get everything back right again.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I have tried full drain reset, recharge and leave on 2 hrs after full charge on my 920, I don't even have my email sunk at all anymore, have texted maybe 6 -8 times this am and nothing else and have dropped from 100% to 83% less than 3hrs , I have to charge at least once a day and I'm barely using it, no location, no app allowed on background.. Actually makes my Lumia pretty useless as a smart phone as I can't use any features bc I have to save the battery, only app running is battery performance.. Oh now in down to 76% bc I'm posting on here.. Love this... Not

If you are running battery saver and are blocking background processes and still have poor battery life, I'd exchange your phone. It shouldn't be having this major drain if those are blocked.

try this tip... It did wonders for my battery life! I can go a full day of full phone usage and still have good battery life now...

grabbed from another thread:

Wow! I think this helped me out as well!!! Never thought about this. I had a bunch of apps I downloaded but didn't have a chance to load and set them up. Some of the Verizon apps I had never used as well. Went through, loaded every single friggin app, entered whatever account information the app needed, closed the app. Now my battery life is pretty darn great.

To be clear, I have the 8.1DP installed.

Hi all,

I'm on day 2 with my new Nokia Icon (jumped from Android S3) and noticed the 4 hour battery issue. I think it's related to an app(s) that may not have been fully setup after activation. I went through EVERY app on the phone and found that the NFL and the Verizon Tones and Navigator apps needed their setups completed with basic info. After doing this my battery shows 12 hours. Sweet!

I had to deal with similar incomplete app setup issues over on Android with new phones that would drain battery/performance.

So.... try opening every app installed on your phone, complete the setup. Maybe a restart after that for good measure?

Cheers!

dpkdayal

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
I charged my phone for whole night then I took it off from tha charging in the morning and after 1hr when I saw my phone the battery drain from 100 to 87 I don't even touch the phone

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I charged my phone for whole night then I took it off from tha charging in the morning and after 1hr when I saw my phone the battery drain from 100 to 87 I don't even touch the phone

Have you tried a hard reset? And was it warm when you picked it up at the end of that one hour?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon