Reborn from the Ashes: A 1520 Repair Story

rhamblet

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone,

About 2 weeks ago my white 1520 fell out of my bag while I was on a bike ride and spiderweb cracked the screen. It was bad. Everyone knows that feeling. Surprisingly, the matte white casing took it like a champ and the camera housing remained intact.

So instead of deciding to sell the device and move back to my 822 (ugh), I bought a new display housing for $165 with 2 day shipping.

Atleast that's what I thought I was getting.

Instead the seller included the battery and speaker/dock board ALREADY INSTALLED.

It could not have been easier, 7 screws and a few snap-in ports and now my 1520 is working brand new.

On a side note, If anyone is interested in buying a speaker/dock/antenna or even a spare battery let me know!

Wes D

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Care to elaborate?

I just dropped my 1 week old 1520 about 24" onto my patio and spiderwebbed the screen as well *DOH**. I see new screens for 199 on ebay.

Will Spinelli

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I dropped mine a week ago and it spiderwebbed as well...worst feeling ever! I was just going to deal with it until I figured out how to fix it and all of a sudden the three buttons at the bottom stopped working which spelled disaster. I now have to use my sisters old piece of junk iPhone 4s. I only bought the glass thinking I could tear apart the phone and pry the glass off of the lcd (since they are fused together) but that is easier said than done. I was prying the glued battery off the back of the lcd when I think I shorted it because there was a big spark and a fizzling sound. Then I started prying the glass off the lcd when I am pretty sure I cracked the lcd and now the whole thing is ruined. I now need to buy the lcd and glass assembly, along with a new battery! Any advice on where to get those for a reasonable price? I too, saw the $199 ones on ebay and that's about all I want to spend since I could just get a whole new phone for that price with a new contract. Also, I want to make sure im getting a quality display that has the same specs as the original. Feedback will be much appreciated!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital