Display and Camera problems

JRDEMASKUS

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Still running WP8. Camera won't start up, display is black after "Loading..."
But my first problem is the display, "Graphics Processor?" Is starting to fail?
It started with my game freezing in progress, then turned into the display turning black for a few seconds, and has now turned into a scrambled display, like a video with no sync.
I know I should do a factory reset, but I will lose my game and I don't believe it will solve my problem long term.
Display constantly flashes black, every few seconds now.

Last edited:

belodion

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Couldn't you start by uninstalling the game app and any others that might be causing trouble?

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

JRDEMASKUS

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
It is not isolated to any game or app. Happens throughout the whole device now. Just a coincidence that it started with a game I was spending a lot of time on. Game has no backup functionality. As far as I know, unless there is a way to do it with WP8 OS.other than the standard backup utility.

belodion

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I very much fear that trying a reset may be your only option, unless others wiser than me can suggest anything.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Ruslan.al

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Had the this problem. Sent phone to Nokia. Got replacement phone. I think that it's defected flash bulb. Try to lunch any flash light application to see if it works

JRDEMASKUS

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I factory reset the device, problems persist. Camera won't startup, display still flakes out.
Gonna return it under warranty, but been lazy because I swapped the SIM card to my Nexus 5.
Just not the same, screen is too small. Funny because everybody thought a 5" screen was "too big" 2 years ago.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon