Lumia 630 Dual Sim Not Showing Reset in About Section

umairulhaque

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone!

I did hard reset on my phone which is Nokia Lumia 630 Dual Sim, after resetting I got few bugs may be they are bugs or not but I am mentioning them one by one in the following:

1. I am unable to hard reset my phone when I go to settings > about and there is not Reset button is appearing and it is replace by the button "Update Demo Content". I don't know why it is appearing instead of the Reset option. It gave me lots of frustration.

2. There is an anonymous outlook id account appearing in email+account section something like "RDM014885537106@outlook.com" and the same I am unable to delete it and unable to add more account since I am tapping to add more account but it is redirecting me to add new account section.

3. Some text message threads and miss call notifications still appearing in action centre. I tried to remove them but they are not removing from there, every time I swipe down I see them still appearing.

4. Some options / features became disabled

I don't know what just happened to my phone. I bought it two weeks ago.

Please help me.

regards,
Umair.

DER1996

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I think you may have gotten a demo-model and not an official selling model , or maybe some random registry error occurred on your phone while resetting and turned into one , the number one advice I'd give is to get a replacement since Nokia is usually very gracious with this one , or from what I read anyway, or you can use the Nokia software updater for retail which might solve the problem
Download Nokia Software Updater for Retail (Latest Version)TechMesto
download the latest version from that page .
Good luck ! and DON'T unplug the pone while flashing it or it WILL become a brick , literally.

Bigdanzo

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Hey follow my guide from my issue I had that you are having :)

(Noted: This is only for Nokia devices! This may not work for WP 7.5/7.8 but it should. And for WP 8.1 users, this reset the firmware to the latest WP 8 firmware before WP 8.1. So 8.1 will need to be applied again)

1) Download and install Nokia Software Recovery Tool 1.4.3 onto your PC/Laptop
2) Backup all your files, settings and apps to the cloud via Settings>Backup>App List Settings and pictures, videos and music onto your PC/Laptop via USB cord
3) Remove the USB cord and start up the Recovery Tool, follow the instructions as showed and allow it to download your firmware (download time will depend on your internet speed)
4) Once the installation has finished, allow the phone to reboot
5) Set up your phone and apply your backup
6) Vola, you just got your phone out of retail demo mode.

Hope this helps :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon