AT&T 1520 Sim unlocked Internet Sharing

kcaneiro

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I have a 1520 which I was able to get AT&T to unlock. I am currently using it on T-Mobile. The problem is that when I hit "Internet sharing" - I get a message that it can't be turned on from the device - and an error message on the connecting device to call AT&T to allow for tethering. I have a T-Mobile plan which allows for tethering. I am using Windows Phone 8.1..

Any suggestion?

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I have a 1520 which I was able to get AT&T to unlock. I am currently using it on T-Mobile. The problem is that when I hit "Internet sharing" - I get a message that it can't be turned on from the device - and an error message on the connecting device to call AT&T to allow for tethering. I have a T-Mobile plan which allows for tethering. I am using Windows Phone 8.1..

Any suggestion?

Might be because of something to do with the AT&T firmware that's on the phone. From what I gather they don't support it out of the box and it needs enabling, possibly by a firmware update from them that enables it.

You can either stick an AT&T SIM in so the call goes through and get them to sort it, or slightly more of a pain, flash the phone with a CV ROM (the non network one). But as someone has found out the hard way doing that can remove the ability to use certain LTE bands even if the original ROM is flashed back. They wanted Cyan early and paid the price.

kcaneiro

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the information. I'm not going to take the risk and flash. I found another thread which gave me some ideas. I'm working it and will report back when completed.

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
This might work for you, but be warned if you install this the only way to remove it is to reset your phone.
I know it's for the 920, but it should be the same for the 1520.

How To: Setup Internet Sharing on an Unlocked Nokia Lumia 920 - Mobile Jaw

Now I had it on my phone (920) and it did not work, so I took it off (reset my phone) put in my own APN settings and it has been working fine for me. As you might know the 920 was an ATT only phone. I now is it on Tmob.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon