The 530 will be a MASSIVE flop, what are you thinking MS???? Only 512 MB RAM!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rizzo183

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 530 vs. Nokia Lumia 520 - GSMArena.com

^ Here is a good comparison.

I'm a L525 user myself and i was looking forward to switching to the successor to the 5xx series. But this isn't an upgrade, other than just the quad core processor. I'm not complaining, but if MS wants to sell more at the lower-end, they really do need to do more. Nobody HAS to buy a Lumia. "Don't like it?? Pay more or SHUT UP!!" -- right? Well sure....but that won't play out well for MS.

Here are the downgrades:
- Lower internal memory
- no 720p video recording
- Thicker, heavier-- overall bulkier AND uglier
- GPU Adreno 302 (L520 had Adreno 305)

Upgrades:
- Quad core processor
- Dual SIM

Expectations
- a front camera OR
- 1GB RAM (this is much debated. But if the 525 could have 1GB of RAM with almost no change in price, why can't a 2014 Lumia have 1GB of RAM?? The L630 too should have had 1GB of RAM.

But yeah-- "Can't pay more (you poor F**k) ??!! Shut the F**k up!!" -- right?

osars ehi

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
If you don't like it then don't buy it. Why not upgrade to 720 or 820 isn't that how the iPhone ppl do it, if they can't afford the latest models they go for the older models with drop in price.

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Haha, now I know who I can be sarcastic to and who I have to put "*sarcasm*" in the text when I crack a joke. This thread was just as educational about the WPC community as it was funny.

By the way, the 530 sucks. Did I mean that? Maybe...

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I guess the 520 was a MASSIVE flop too as it only had 512 MB RAM.

OH NO. EXCESSIVE EXCLAIMATION MARKS!!!!!

Reality is if it's priced right it will sell well. Windows Phone is a very solid OS, even in 512MB RAM. And with each release Windows gets better at running on lower end resources, not worse. Developers are also not dumb. When almost 25% of Windows phones are 512MB RAM devices, they'll ensure the apps run on that.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I love the fact that some people still think I was serious in my OP lol

Well, in text, it's hard to distinguish between honesty and sarcasm. Maybe you want that 4k display in a 5" screen that has the possibility to have J.A.R.V.I.S. apart of the OS so that it can connect to anything, even normal TV's to put blackmail onto them about the other guy who is going against you, while having that see-through capabilities. You know what? I still want Tony Stark's phone.

Call that the 530.

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
The only ones I will give a pass to for not seeing the sarcasm are non-english speaking (using bing translator) or english as a second language WPC members. The rest of you...You got hell!!!!!...You go to hell and die!!!! *sarcasm*

cdanieljohn

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
525 with 1gb ram consumes more battery that is why 525 is not a good option if you need a phone. If you want a phone which you will use as a "phone", definitely you'll go for 520. Now that 530 is released which has a 512mb ram with better processor you would get a "great phone". If you want a "smartphone" go for 620 and so on, same applies to others. It really depends on the user, if you're not satisfied with the phone you got, it's not the phone that lacks but the user who miss used it. Well, i think that 520 525 530 ability to use it as a smart phones are just bonuses for how great these phones are.
This is my understanding/opinion. Please don't rant.

roni09riku

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I personally wouldn't buy a low end Windows Phone because I think WP goes very well with high end systems. However, not everyone can afford a 1520 or 930, so if they still want WP they will probably get the 530.

I used to think that the 520 won't sell much because of the specs compared to the other higher phone models, but look at it now. A lot of people use it. This could happen with the 530 as well.

anon(5352534)

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I get the 512 MB ram price point and targeted audience point of view, but for the developers this is a disaster. We want all the high quality apps as soon as they arrive on other platforms, but WP market is made mostly of 512 MB devices and it requires lots of work and optimizations to be able to run an app on such a device. For high quality apps, then the actual audience is the minority of the WP market (with 1 GB or better ram) which in itself is already a minority, which is not a good incentive to develop. The last thing MS wants right now is to expect the developers to work extra to make their apps work on all WP devices. If you want better apps, use better hardware in your phones.

winrayjay99

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
First all I am going to say that this phone was in the planning stages before Microsoft took over. Next I will say that I hope Microsoft does not run it's phone division like it does with Surface. 3 Phones a year will not cut it Microsoft. Nokia when they ran the show had more variety. Variety is what will help Windows Phone defeat iPhone/ios and Android, and I hope Microsoft knows this.

anon(5344685)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok to all of you. This phone will sell like all the cheap smartphones and androids, because people who buy these phones doesn't know the difference between iOS and Android or WP, even better some of them won't know what smartphone is. There is still millions of people around the world for whom Nokia is the only brand they recognize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes