Nokia Software Recovery Tool is not working

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a lumia 1520 on the dev preview, and now I want to revert back to 8.0, but it seems that the software recovery tool is not able to reset my lumia 1520. Are there any tips on how to get this software to work?

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
working on it, NOW.
You have to d/l the latest version (Nokia Software Recovery tool) from Nokia USA.

Painfully slow d/l the ROM (to 8.0), more to come ....

Kevin Harvell

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Odd, worked for me. I had to repair the Recovery Tool after the initial install for whatever reason.

Uninstall the Recovery Tool and reinstall it then try again.

biciracer

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
The SIM thing did not work for me, so am curious to see your results. I also didn't try the recovery tool install yet but am not sure that this is the root cause.

henkepalmquist

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Odd question, but have you usb 3.0 and usb 2.0 ports on the pc?

If so try to use one of the usb 3.0, that got mine working.

Edit.

Is the 1520 showing the Nokia logo in "BIG" text when you get this error?
If not, what i did was install the "Nokia Software Updater for Retail" and got a second error, after that i could use the "nokia recovery tool" just fine(on a usb 3.0 port, cuz F logic).
:winktongue:

anon(8763253)

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm on my 3rd attempt now. The first two times the download completed then just started again with no error message.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Worked for me (downloading CYAN now for my AT&T 1520). I went to the Nokia site to get the latest Software Recovery tool, hmmmm

henkepalmquist

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Mine did that to, btw the software has the same name so to answer the question, YES it is suppose to have the same "name" :S

Don*t ask me why but it seems like the Nokia recovery ****e picks up black update not the os installed.
so the "os" number is the same you are downloading that is on your current phone.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I just left mine downloading and I'm pretty sure it was downloading the same OS that's on my phone, as well. Makes sense though, if we are on AT&T and they just released the newest OS. I'm assuming we will have to manually download GDR3 and install it?

henkepalmquist

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I just left mine downloading and I'm pretty sure it was downloading the same OS that's on my phone, as well. Makes sense though, if we are on AT&T and they just released the newest OS. I'm assuming we will have to manually download GDR3 and install it?

I dont know how it works for you.
But mine downloaded the Latest Black update(wp8), even doh it had the same number as DP(8.1p) black i got back to wp8(black).

wspaw

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I got the error message too. After that I am prompted to: 1. Hold the power and volume down keys until the phone vibrates and 2.Press OK to continue. Then it says to connect the phone (which is connected) and finally goes back to 1 and 2. This cycle repeats endlessly.

I've tried reinstalling the tool...

missylob

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I got the error message too. After that I am prompted to: 1. Hold the power and volume down keys until the phone vibrates and 2.Press OK to continue. Then it says to connect the phone (which is connected) and finally goes back to 1 and 2. This cycle repeats endlessly.

I've tried reinstalling the tool...

wspaw

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Not seeing a response, missylob...

I've tried USB 2 and 3 ports, several cables, including the Nokia cable.

Has anyone tried a hard reset?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb