Update Nokia Lumia 1520.3 Please explain?

Al4video

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Can somebody please explain exactly where does the update come from for a Nokia Lumia 1520.3?
Which I have always considered a unbranded phone.
It seems that many of us who are on Tmobile assume we will get the update from Tmobile?
Which is plausible except for the fact that there is no such thing as a Tmobile Lumia 1520. They have never carried this phone. So why should Tmobile be interested in providing the cyan update to this phone?

So where will the Cyan update come from?
1.Straight from Nokia?
2.From Tmobile?
3.Windows store?
4.Somewhere else?

I read this little piece a minute ago and not sure whether it makes it clearer or what?

Nokia Lumia 1520.3 Windows Phone 8.1 OTA Firmware Upgrade 02061.00050.14273.33019 | Repository | PDAdb.net

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Where did you read about Tmo 1520? It's available only on AT&T AFAIK, so Tmo does have nothing with updates for this device.

As far as I concluded, the firmware is being tested by the carriers (branded phones) and/or Nokia for CV devices. Lately, the carriers give the feedback to Nokia about the testing and we get the update from Nokia/MS servers, not carriers.

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Can somebody please explain exactly where does the update come from for a Nokia Lumia 1520.3?
Which I have always considered a unbranded phone.
It seems that many of us who are on Tmobile assume we will get the update from Tmobile?
Which is plausible except for the fact that there is no such thing as a Tmobile Lumia 1520. They have never carried this phone. So why should Tmobile be interested in providing the cyan update to this phone?

So where will the Cyan update come from?
1.Straight from Nokia?
2.From Tmobile?
3.Windows store?
4.Somewhere else?

I read this little piece a minute ago and not sure whether it makes it clearer or what?

Nokia Lumia 1520.3 Windows Phone 8.1 OTA Firmware Upgrade 02061.00050.14273.33019 | Repository | PDAdb.net

It will come from Nokia/MS directly. Not sure why its not already out as even AT&T have released it for the 1520 version that they sell.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Nothing to do with T-Mobile or AT&T. It will come straight from Nokia/Microsoft as others mentioned. The bigger question for me is why the hell it isn't out yet.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
IF you're on Dev Preview 8.1, you're waiting because of the bitlocker / bricking issue.

You'll need to fallback to WinPhone 8.0 (Lumia Black) in order to get the update, NOW, else wait for MS to straighten out the Dev Preview issue & you'll get the update from Microsoft.

I did exactly this (Thursday) to get the AT&T released Cyan update (after their testing). Took what seemed like forever - approx. 5 hours from start to finish (which was ~ 90% whole). Some on this forum had issues with Nokia Software Recovery tool (to fallback to 8.0), mine went smoothly, just took some time.

Caveat Emptor

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
IF you're on Dev Preview 8.1, you're waiting because of the bitlocker / bricking issue.

You'll need to fallback to WinPhone 8.0 (Lumia Black) in order to get the update, NOW, else wait for MS to straighten out the Dev Preview issue & you'll get the update from Microsoft.

I did exactly this (Thursday) to get the AT&T released Cyan update (after their testing). Took what seemed like forever - approx. 5 hours from start to finish (which was ~ 90% whole). Some on this forum had issues with Nokia Software Recovery tool (to fallback to 8.0), mine went smoothly, just took some time.

Caveat Emptor

Thanks for the info but I'm actually on 8.0. The 1520.3 (RM-938) does not get its updates from AT&T, so unfortunately we still have to wait. I was confident international unlocked, unbranded Lumia 1520s would be one of the first to get Cyan. Oh well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon