Is it that big ??

Qais Abu-Hasan

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey every lumia 1520 user ,
I'm planning to get a lumia 1520 after a long wait for l930 , I thought that Lumia 930 is the most suitable size for me( and it seems that it is) but it's taking a looot of time to reach here, so with similar specs offered by l1520 , although I like saturated colors VERYY MUCH, I decided to get it,but will I get used to that size of l1520 or it will seem very big ? what about everyday usage , I mean will it be OK to use that huge phone for everyday life ?
Thanks in advance

bsayegh

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't own one but I have held one, put it in my pocket, and walked around for a while. It is one of the best phones you can own if you are just sitting around watching things or playing games. It is less great when you are actually moving around. It doesn't feel great in the pocket and its hard to hold it up to your ear for too long. Also the corners are kind of sharp, which makes it even harder to hold on to.

I am in a similar situation to you. I have wanted something like an Icon or 930 for so long, but it still isn't available to me. I would wait to see what else comes out, personally. A 6 inch phone with sharp corners is just too big.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I use mine day to day and I'm completely used to it. You'll initially be thrown by the size, but you'll get used to it, then it'll become normal sized.

KSilcox

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I use mine day to day and I'm completely used to it. You'll initially be thrown by the size, but you'll get used to it, then it'll become normal sized.
Exactly my experience as well. Took a bit to get used to it, but now it feels totally normal size to me. Now when I use my wife's 1020 I'm like, "wow what a dinky phone! How you do live with such a small workspace?" :)

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, it is that big. I love it, but for some it's just too big to accommodate in their day to day life. I use a pouch type case attached to my belt, but it is too big for many pockets.

My suggestion is to go to an AT&T store and hold one, if at all possible. My other suggestion is to purchase the phone at a retailer that has a good 15 or 30 day return policy.

bbobeckyj

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Get a bit of cardboard, cut it to size 163 x 86mm. Try putting it into your pockets and imagine typing and tapping on it.
Yes it is that big, but that has big benefits, battery and screen, in that order for me. And you soon get used to it, one handed use is even possible for most things, but two handed is easier.

binnyandrews

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm planning to get a lumia 1520 after a long wait for l930 , I thought that Lumia 930 is the most suitable size for me( and it seems that it is) but it's taking a looot of time to reach here, so with similar specs offered by l1520 , although I like saturated colors VERYY MUCH, I decided to get it,but will I get used to that size of l1520 or it will seem very big ? what about everyday usage , I mean will it be OK to use that huge phone for everyday life ?
Thanks in advance

L1520 is my daily driver. The battery is pretty good. Carrying around is not a big problem as what everyone guess.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It is big..............for the first few minutes. Then it becomes your regular phone. That's how I felt when I bought mine several months back. Surprisingly for a six inch screen, it's not hard to get used to
Sent from a Lumia using Tapatalk

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it's that big. But you also get used to it. I wear slim jeans and it fits into my side pockets with no problem. It's tough to use with just one hand, but you adjust. I think a 5.3" - 5.5" display is ideal, but 6" isn't that much bigger. Keep in mind that's relatively thin, helping pocketability.

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
The 1520 is a beast, there's no denying that. After owning my 1520 for 9 months, my biggest complaint about the phone would be the weight and not the size which I think is due to the monster battery. The weight is balanced throughout the phone so it doesn't feel like one side is heavier then the other which is good. I love everything about the phone including its enormous size and once you get used to that screen there is absolutely no way you could use anything else... it's just really that phenomenal. The 1520 just exudes quality and dare I say is even better, in every way, than the newer, smaller, and sleeker 930. I think it's really going to be hard to beat the 1520 in future devices. Sure they could add more ram or a faster SoC but they would have to come up with something revolutionary to one-up the 1520. It's just that good of a device!

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
By the way, I should mention the positives far out way the single negative (size). The screen is phenomenal, and the battery life is amazing.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Check HERE >> http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-1520/298501-worth-nokia-lumia-1520-a.html

my comments (#19) still stand ...

got up this morning, unplugged my L1520 @ 6:00am, as I'm writing this (11.5 hrs later) the phone stands @ 75% charged - with two conversations (total 25 mins), various texts sent / received, read email, checked Weave news reader, even played a game of chess (on the train, on the way home), etc...

Battery life, after Lumia Cyan update is the BEST you're gonna get.

bh626

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks in advance

This should help

1520_vs_HTC8X_vs_930.jpg

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Great phone. It is really huge but I actually was expecting something bigger so I was surprised that it wasn't as big as I expected.

As for everyday usage, in my opinion, it's great. My gym shorts and the 1520 haven't meet yet so I can't say something for working out but I'm really scared it might fall out of my shorts pockets. Imma give it a spin this saturday.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
By the way, I should mention the positives far out way the single negative (size). The screen is phenomenal, and the battery life is amazing.

Not to mention the 20MP Pureview Camera, Quad core processor and my favorite a Memory card slot to add storage of up to 128gbs

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Yes it's big, but it's the only phone where every time I use it, I'm amazed at it and fall in love with all over again. At first, it's as big as a big booty'd woman in a Sir Mix A-Lot video, but then you grow to appreciate what that means actually. :D

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Just to add to what I wrote above, I think the only thing you have to worry about is the infamous swipe/tap/scroll bug. It's common enough that it should be considered when you make your purchase. But the size? You'll get used to it and it will fit in your pocket.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea