Weird Wallpaper problem CYAN 1520

monstervinvin

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I noticed that some of the new wallpapers if it is set as the Lockscreen picture is just doesn't show off..

Specifically in my case the Leaves thing with some brown tinting.
That photo refuses to be my lockscreen photo same happens to some of the pictures too.

Is it just me or people get this kind of bug too?

sstiwari

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Yup Me Too!!!. May be it has something to do with the Live Lock Screen App. Though the problem has persisted even after uninstalling it.

jbfoster61

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
The Leaves background does not work on my 1520 either but I can have the Background and the Lock screen set to the same picture.

Jim

Vyenkatesh

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem. I downgraded to 8.0 by using Nokia Recovery Tool and then upgraded again to 8.1. Now there is no problem for Leaves background problem.

RitaKS

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I also used the Nokia recovery tool but my wallpapers are doing the same thing they did prior to uninstalling and reinstalling the update. Battery life is great and other problems are solved but there is still the inability to load certain wallpapers as a lockscreen. :unhappysweat:

Zhonic

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone.

I have the same issue too on my lumia 1520 cyan with developers preview update 1 installed. My Lumia originates from hong Kong and has the respective firmware according to product code.
Unfortunately i can't say for sure this bug was not present before the upgrade to cyan wp 8.1

In my case about 8 of standard wallpapers refuse to be my lockscreen ones the phone just sets the other wallpaper on its own choice when i chose one of the mentioned 8 wallpapers. At the same time i am able to set those wallpapers as main screen background.

Not that this bug is very important but a little be annoying because there no visible reasons for that.

What i tried to do:

1) Visited the nearest retail shop and checked another lumia 1520 for the subject everything was ok
2) Tried to downgrade to 8.0 and after that again to cyan - no result
3) tried several hard resets as well no result
4) Hopelesly tried not to use this feature and install custom wallpapers or those which are working

Would appreciate any ideas how to fix the problem.

Thanks in advance

ferrynotfairy

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I noticed that some of the new wallpapers if it is set as the Lockscreen picture is just doesn't show off..

Specifically in my case the Leaves thing with some brown tinting.
That photo refuses to be my lockscreen photo same happens to some of the pictures too.

Is it just me or people get this kind of bug too?

I am experiencing similar issue. :-(

Zhonic

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I forgot to mentioned that before update to CYAN i have had developer's preview for some months and following the advice of Microsoft before installing cyan downgraded to 8.0 via Nokia Software Updater for retail. May be the reason is that i had DP earlier because as far as i know the were some problems during update to cyan for those who had DP installed earlier?!.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes