ATT vs. T-Mobile 635?

tsull360

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
I'm trying to understand any technical differences between the ATT version of the 635 and the T-Mobile version. Normally I would anticipate frequency band support differences, but thus far it seems they are identical, aside from being locked to different carriers.

Does anyone have insight in this area?

Thanks!

glovenc

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
I'm trying to understand any technical differences between the ATT version of the 635 and the T-Mobile version. Normally I would anticipate frequency band support differences, but thus far it seems they are identical, aside from being locked to different carriers.

Does anyone have insight in this area?

Thanks!

They are indeed identical outside of carrier exclusivity.

rainking430

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I believe there is one difference. The T-Mobile version supports their awesome Wifi Calling feature, which routes all your calls and texts through wifi if you want it to. I use that every day myself, and it has proven indispensable.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
AFAIK they are identical except for having different firmwares, meaning one will get their updates from ATT and have ATT branding, and the other will look to T-Mo and have T-Mo features and branding such as Wi-Fi calling.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
AFAIK they are identical except for having different firmwares, meaning one will get their updates from ATT and have ATT branding, and the other will look to T-Mo and have T-Mo features and branding such as Wi-Fi calling.

This man deserves a cookie 🍪. Yes, these are the only two differences, well that and the price of the two. T-Mobiles version costs $30 more.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit