Lumia 1520 audio problems

ashyk36

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

bought a lumia 1520 off ebay a couple of weeks ago. I have been having a couple of problems. Im trying to decide if I need to send the phone back or not:

1. Mobile signal is poor compared to my htc one. where i used to get full barson my htc i still get full bars on my lumia however in weaker areas the phone tends to be out of signal whereas my htc would at least have 1-2 bars.

2. So a week ago I slept through my alarm. I then later found out that the alarm sound didn't and that the phone only vibrated, i restarted the phone and then the alarm sounded properly- i thought all fixed.

Then today I had the same problem, while i was having the problem i got a call and text but again no audio-only vibration from the loudspeaker. This time I didn't restart the phone so i could take a video however magically in the next i got text 30 mins and the ringtone sounded so i wasn't able to get a video. while the alarms/ ringtones wasn't sounding I did play a track from my music and the loudspeaker played it ok.

Can anyone advise me of what the problem is and how to resolve or if I should just return the phone

Thanks.

shura899

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone have an issue with sound quality? I've got connect Lumia 1520 and Iphone4s to car aux-in, and have lack of bass and high frequency on Lumia 1520, but iphone4s has not that issues.

HillyR

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I have had the same issue. Lumia 1520 - updated to 8.1 and phone went on to silent mode and the going to the "ringtones + sounds" menu, I have lost the slide button to activate ringtone or switch pone to silent - really annouying as I am missing all the incoming calls!

rocwest

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
This might be a little late but I had the same problem. I noticed the ringtone had reset to the default ringtone so I reselected my choice and performed a soft reset. Voila...an audible ringtone and no problems since.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes