Need help with 820 Update process!

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

I am from India, My friend have installed win 8.1 DP on his L820 and 2 days back he got an update ( its GDR1, he said that he have live tiles folder feature :smile:), but he didn't got cyan. The current OS version is 8.10.14157.200

As he is on DP, can he get Cyan update or he should downgrade to 8? how big is cyan update(approx MB)?

wp_ss_20140901_0002.jpg

Thank You,
Suga :smile:

roni09riku

May 20, 2014
Visit site
You still cannot update directly from DP to Cyan. You will still need to downgrade. However, some users report that using Nokia Software Recovery Tool now downloads Cyan/WP8.1 instead of Black/WP8.0. It would still reinstall your phone so all personal data are erased, but at least it saves you from having to manually download Cyan after downloading Black.

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
So if he is ready to downgrade, just using nokia software recovery tool will download the latest update with cyan? the apps installed on sd cards can be used later after update or they should be downloaded again? What is the approx download size of 8.1 update and cyan?? :)

Thank You for the help!

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
So if he is ready to downgrade, just using nokia software recovery tool will download the latest update with cyan? the apps installed on sd cards can be used later after update or they should be downloaded again? What is the approx download size of 8.1 update and cyan?? :)

Thank You for the help!
Nokia says it requires 1.3gb free space.

roni09riku

May 20, 2014
Visit site

Thank You for the help!

I connected my phone to my PC and used Nokia Software Recovery Tool. It says I can download 02061.00066.14253.40004, which is Cyan for me, so I can confirm that yes, Cyan is now downloaded instead of Black. Since this will be an OS and firmware reinstall, yes you will have to download apps again. Last time I used NSRT, I downloaded Black which happened to be 1.4gb. I have no idea on exactly how large Cyan is, but it should be close to that.

buddler

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
OR wait a little longer, some devices with DP are getting CYAN.
For my 820, Cyan should be available for nearly a month now. I'm still stuck on wp 8.1 DP GDR 1 with black. Nokia Recovery tool is no solution yet, since I'll have to spend 2 days for getting all settings back.
Anyone who can really confirm, Cyan works with developer preview?

sousto

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
At this time the only way is to use Nokia recovery tool to update Cyan over DP. I did it with my Lumia 820 DP GDR1 and I'm very happy now. The phone runs faster and smoothly.
After Cyan update is also possible to install DP again. But I'm staying with Cyan :)
Sent from my Lumia 820 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serdezdezen