I have an 810. Need help deciding b/w 830,930 or1520.3.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
AFAIK there isn't even a U.S.-LTE compatible version.

Except for the U.S. the world has pretty much standardized cell phone frequencies, meaning it wouldn't really make sense to announce a U.S. device over in Germany. Maybe that announcement is still coming, say, from T-Mobile and ATT?

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Except for the U.S. the world has pretty much standardized cell phone frequencies, meaning it wouldn't really make sense to announce a U.S. device over in Germany. Maybe that announcement is still coming, say, from T-Mobile and ATT?

That's a good point. I hope you're right. The fact that the 830 (without specifics or specifications though) is listed on the Nokia US website also offers hope that it's coming stateside.

I tweeted Nokia US asking for any information (carriers, availability date, anything). No answer just yet.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
That's a good point. I hope you're right. The fact that the 830 (without specifics or specifications though) is listed on the Nokia US website also offers hope that it's coming stateside.

I tweeted Nokia US asking for any information (carriers, availability date, anything). No answer just yet.

Phonearena claims it will be available for TMO. I asked TMO but nothing yet....

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Today is a sad day. The answer is stick with the 810 until a better phone comes out. Or compromise with an 830.

I'd buy a 930 if I could get one on AT&T, but the International doesn't run 4G here. No glance is also a step down. This is an almost flagship phone...

And AT&T made the 1520 worthless by removing wireless charging. And then the unit has flex issues. And is massive.

The 830 while it looks great doesn't do 4k video and won't do the trendy new Cortana always available stuff. Slow processor sucks too. But may be a cheaper gap filler until a real replacement turns up.

Or as I said, wait until the phone you want turns up.

gabejw54

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the input everyone. Im feeling similarly about the 830. I wish there was just a bit more "upgrade" in this phone. For example, if the camera was 20 mp and/ or the sd800 was inside so that I could get the new Cortana features. Part of me wants to get it just to have a new phone after what seems like has been so long, but at the same time, what if I spend the money on the 830 and then the 1030 (or something flagship) comes out right after the holiday season? You know what I mean? Anyone else feel similar?

Christian Holmstedt

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I won't upgrade just for the sake of upgrading, that's just OCD in itself.

If a new product isn't a real upgrade it won't happen anytime soon. The old trusty still does what it is supposed to and does it well, especially with WP8.1 GDR1.

What would make me upgrade is this :
- Same size as the current 810
- BT4
- WAY better battery life

AnotherBrick

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Listen, I have an 810. That being said, the 830 is certainly not a downgrade from that. Stop worrying about the stupid clock speed of a chip. The 810 has a 1.5 dual core and it runs wp8 blisteringly faster than all of the top end androids I have ever owned or handled. You do get an occasional resuming when flipping through 4 different apps, but it's a freaking dual core chip. The 830 is going to give you a much superior camera, a bigger and better screen, and more internal memory. Stop getting caught up in specs until you have handled the phone. I'm sure there are going to be a lot of people sticking their foot in their mouth when this phone has been released. I'm personally going to upgrade mine because it's going on 2 years. I beat it up, I want a 5 inch screen, and I want a better camera. In no way shape or form will it be a down grade. The only thing you are sacrificing with the 830 in going to be "hey Cortana". I can live with that, I would much rather have glance anyway.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the input everyone. Im feeling similarly about the 830. I wish there was just a bit more "upgrade" in this phone. For example, if the camera was 20 mp and/ or the sd800 was inside so that I could get the new Cortana features. Part of me wants to get it just to have a new phone after what seems like has been so long, but at the same time, what if I spend the money on the 830 and then the 1030 (or something flagship) comes out right after the holiday season? You know what I mean? Anyone else feel similar?

The only thing I would add is that if people were expecting a SD800 CPU and a 20MP camera in the 830 then at that point it would no longer be a 330 Euro device and would actually be almost a 930 (sans the 1080p screen). For posterity let's compare the 830 to the 925. I think the GPU on the 830 is better, the SoC may be lower but it is a quad core vs dual core on the 925. So I would say for the money it is a pretty good deal. Here is a comparison of all the three devices and in the right context, I don't think the 830 is a bad device for the price and in the USA I believe we will get it around $349 or so.

Nokia Lumia 830 vs Nokia Lumia 925 vs Nokia Lumia 930 - Phone specs comparison

Christian Holmstedt

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
The only thing I would add is that if people were expecting a SD800 CPU and a 20MP camera in the 830 then at that point it would no longer be a 330 Euro device and would actually be almost a 930 (sans the 1080p screen). For posterity let's compare the 830 to the 925. I think the GPU on the 830 is better, the SoC may be lower but it is a quad core vs dual core on the 925. So I would say for the money it is a pretty good deal. Here is a comparison of all the three devices and in the right context, I don't think the 830 is a bad device for the price and in the USA I believe we will get it around $349 or so.

Nokia Lumia 830 vs Nokia Lumia 925 vs Nokia Lumia 930 - Phone specs comparison

Nice. Added the 810 just for fun.

Nokia Lumia 830 vs Nokia Lumia 930 vs Nokia Lumia 810 - Phone specs comparison

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
For posterity let's compare the 830 to the 925. I think the GPU on the 830 is better, the SoC may be lower but it is a quad core vs dual core on the 925. [/url]

Moto.jpglumia 920.jpglumia 820.jpg1320.jpg

Not looking too good for that GPU at the moment.

NO data for the 635 but the Moto G should be similar.

I'm hoping that maybe an update in benchmarks might change the situation in favour for the 305.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes