Cyan improvements?, some annoying bugs and ghost images in my screen.

WP_290

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I have windows 8.1 with the update because I have the dev preview app, with the last upgrade I had a noticeable better battery life and I don't want to loose that, that is the only reason I am not restoring my phone to windows 8 and then going for Cyan through the recovery tool. For those who already got Cyan, what changes you had? There are new features or improvements with the new firmware?

I ask because since day 1 I have a very annoying issue (bug) almost EVERY time I want to place a call my cellphone drop it in my first attempt, it just says ENDED, the solution: before call I need to activate and deactivate the airplane mode, it open a time window of some 20-30 minutes where I can do calls as usual. I post that behavior here months ago and I received response from around the world with the same issue, its unbelievable for me that nokia/ms couldn't fix that earlier and all of that assuming that when I get Cyan this will be fixed.

and finally, I have like a year with my phone and I started to see ghost images where my usual icons are from apps like FB and WA. there is a way to prevent this or fix it? Are you suffering the same issue or I am using too much my apps haha ?

roni09riku

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I can't say for sure that you'll fix all those bugs with Cyan because we have different phone models. But just like you, I had a very decent battery life with WP8.1 DP, which I didn't want to lose when thinking of reverting to WP8.0 to get WP8.1. But still, the bugs that I experienced got fixed when I got Cyan.

As for the ghost images, I suppose it's your screen burning in. That's the problem with AMOLED displays. You can Google that yourself for more info, since I don't know the full details. But that's probably it.

anon(5718954)

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
There is an app called "Wiper" that claims to fix your ghost image problem.

Wiper | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

I have to say, though, that I have the same problem and Wiper does not seem to be able to solve it. Maybe you need to let the app run for a longer period of time. But I don't think it's reversible. It would be on an LCD, but not on an AMOLED. Still, some people are reporting success after letting the app run 24+ hours. You should give it a try.

BigtheFatTiger

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
In my experience, the Cyan update does very little for the 820. I lost some options (such as the ability to customize notification sounds for tons of apps) and apps still fail and run into unexplainable errors when trying to install to an SD card (and multiple SD cards have been tested). I'm waiting for an AT&T version of the 930 (he said knowing it might not happen since Verizon has the Icon - a very similar model)...

throt

May 15, 2014
Visit site
The things I have noticed with 925 upgrading from 8.0 to Cyan
whats bad:
- occasional crashes in standby (once in 1-2 weeks)
- battery life decreased
- with navigator phone gets burning hot
- programs list got overpopulated - several submenu options moved to all programs and also all games, so there are many tiles duplicated (they even brought back the little arrow they lost ca year ago to change from first to programs page to make even more items)
- messaging hub killed, now for FB and SMS you need different tiles to get even more tiles
- car handsfree lost all data connection and directs only voice

What is good.
- action center for easy connecting/disconnecting wifi, BT, airplane mode
- Lync works better
- swipe messages
- searches in multiple e-mail accounts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes