Scratches on my black Lumia 1020

eespanol

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Quick one: How do you clean and remove the scratches on your black Lumia 1020? Mine has only some minor scratches but it is annoying to look at. Please help. Thank you. :)

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Depends on how deep the scratches are. If the scratches are "light", or barely perceivable by touch, then a polishing compound may due the trick...but be sure to protect the rim of the camera module (you'll notice a very thin gap between the oreo-sized-protrusion and the main body of the phone - avoid getting the polishing substance into that area). Apply a thin amount of the polishing substance, preferably a dry variant then "polish" (not grind!) the surface with a dry piece of cloth in a gentle circular motion. That should get rid of very light scratches or, at the very least, make them less obvious.

PS. I also have a black L1020, but I've never placed my phone on any bare surface, i.e. my phone can only be in three places: in my hand, inside a leather pouch, or resting on a flat surface on the same leather pouch. This way, I've got zero scratches so far.:cool:

jay6600

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Dropped my 1020 on the pubs York stone flagged floor 😢 got a small crack in very top left of display and few light scratches on edge of black camera disc 😢 a wipe with a black permanent marker pen on both has reduced the visibility esp the scratches on the camera disc which appears to be aluminum..
Teach me a lesson not to go showing off your camera phone when its not in a protective case ,and particularly not when consume beer 🍺

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon