Is there a limit on text ringtone length ? How can you make it longer ?

LumiaExtravaganza

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I realized that after upgrading to WP 8.1 on my Lumia 1520, the play time for sms ringtone was shortened. My customized ringtone would start cutting halfway through around 4 to 5 sec and that bothers me. Right now I have an 8-second ringtone set for my texts but obviously it doesn't play the whole thing. Is there something I could do in settings that could fix this problem ?

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
[not trying to jack your thread, but I got a similar question incase anyone has an answer]
I saw a tutorial video about changing ringtones but says you should copy the song to your ring tone folder. Isnt there some other way to go about this? Do I need to copy songs to folder every single time I want to change? And isnt that just going to make duplicates of my musics?
Is there a way to just select from song list?

LumiaExtravaganza

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
[not trying to jack your thread, but I got a similar question incase anyone has an answer]
I saw a tutorial video about changing ringtones but says you should copy the song to your ring tone folder. Isnt there some other way to go about this? Do I need to copy songs to folder every single time I want to change? And isnt that just going to make duplicates of my musics?
Is there a way to just select from song list?

If it's a pre-installed ringtone by Nokia or Microsoft, you can just go on ringtones and select the one you want. But if it's a customized ringtone that you have on your computer, you'd have to plug your phone to PC and transfer your audio file to the ringtone folder. At least, that's how I do it.
The issue I have is that with WP 8, the play time for text tone was a little over 8 seconds, now with this lackluster 8.1 update, they shortened it. so it doesn't play the whole thing if it's more than 4 secs. Lame !

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes there is. I noticed that anything a little over 3 seconds will be cut off. I just timed it. Since 8.1, the text ringtone length has has been shortened to around this time. In WP8, I believe it was around 5 seconds.

I don't think there's a way to lengthen it via the OS either...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psyduck