8.1.1 DP has arrived on the 8X!

Hotvak123

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
My battery life has gone up to two days standby, the folder are cool, and no hiccups so far.
I am happy with my 8x, it looks, feels, and works great, and wireless charging love that fetcher.
I have no need to upgrade.

Deofol

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Agreed, this is awesome. I love the form factor of this phone. Glad to see they keep updating it for as long as they can.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
On that note, in a place where I can't connect my phone to Wi-Fi, is it possible to download the update on my Surface and send it to my phone to avoid data charges?

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Anyone seeing major lag issues since this update? I'm seeing really bad performance problems. Pretty consistently when I shut down it sits at the goodbye screen for many minutes, I usually have to long press the off button to get it actually off. Just generally lagging everywhere, even answering a call I press the answer button and nothing seems to happen so I keep hitting it and eventually it answers. What should I do?!?

matfantastic

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Anyone seeing major lag issues since this update? I'm seeing really bad performance problems. Pretty consistently when I shut down it sits at the goodbye screen for many minutes, I usually have to long press the off button to get it actually off. Just generally lagging everywhere, even answering a call I press the answer button and nothing seems to happen so I keep hitting it and eventually it answers. What should I do?!?

Only issue im having is poor wifi reception. This also happened when I put the dev preview on my Icon. Only solution is updated firmware from HTC which we may never see. I'll be upgrading to the One (M8) for Windows in December.

thundr51

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone having problems using internet sharing? I'm with TMO and it keeps giving me the upsell note when I already have tethering on my plan.

Hotvak123

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I have had no issues with my 8x since the update, mine shuts down and reboot in 1 min., battery improved a lot., no wifi problems.
I just made sure that , what I like to call back ground nose, is shut off ( news, face book, auto updates on apps, ect.) they all take resources from your phone, and slow it down, or when shutting down the phone all that stuff has to tune off which take time. then on reboot its turned back on. they update anyways when you visit the app. so shut them down and see if it improves your performance.

monedetoune

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Battery life gone really bad. Ive turned off everything and getting less than twelve hours. Only had WhatsApp on and always allowed.

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem just before and after updating to 8.1.1. The battery would run down completely in about eight hours.

I did a couple of restarts and updated all the apps and now, a few days later, I'm getting really good battery life. I think it was an app gone wild, and suspect the XBox Music and/or Video apps. Or maybe the update had to do some housecleaning before settling down. For instance, since the update I see no temporary files in Storage Sense.

Tarik Aziz

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Everyone must do a hard reset after every update( if anyone faces stability or battery life issues). And in addition, turn on the battery saver and don't allow any apps to run in background. That will be enough to get more than a day of battery life with normal usage.

dicks-webos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Don't forget to disable "Location Services", it is the biggest battery eater on your phone! The rest you can keep active, on my 930 this has doubled the battery duration. Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)