Nokia Lumia 1020 screen with a billion colored pixels. No response to buttons.

socalgunner

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday I did the most recent developers update on my ATT Nokia Lumia 1020. I have had absolutely zero problems with the phone at all since day one. Today while checking emails my phone screen flickered and then went to something that appears to be the "snow" that you see on televisions when they had no signal. In the "snow" there are 4 lighter bars and 4 darker ones running vertically.
I also am unable to do a hard reset or soft reset. Any ideas???

I found others who have the same screen issue, but they have been able to fix it with either a soft or hard reset. I unfortunately cannot do that, as the buttons seem to have also become unresponsive. After about 2 minutes the screen will go black, and then after about 2 seconds come back on by itself with the same issue present.

Last edited:

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

socalgunner

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
I was able to let the phone die completely until it shut down (took 2 days). I then put the phone on the charger and it boot right up with the screen working properly. Not sure exactly what the issue is, but it seems to have been resolved. I will contact ATT and see if I can get a replacement under warranty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonkalas