"Video out" through micro USB?

Sprockethead

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
I have searched the forum but can't seem to find the answer to this. I am a new Icon owner (moved from iPhone) and I love it. One thing that I'm looking for (and kind of assumed that all phones had now) is a way to transmit video out from the phone. I have a car that accepts RCA inputs. I had an Android phone about 4 years ago that you could connect directly and it would work. The iPhone needed a special cord to do it (of course).

I'm about to buy a microUSB to RCA cord, but then it dawned on me that there might not even be a video out with this phone. I realize that it supports Miracast with 8.1 but I'm looking for a physical solution.

Apologies if this has been asked a thousand times. New to the forum and did a search.

Later!

Sprockethead

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the response. That is a bummer, though. When is the next flagship phone coming out :). Just playing! I like the OS. Just wish there were a couple things it did that Android and iOS do. But it's still the best option.

clvrbas

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the response. That is a bummer, though. When is the next flagship phone coming out :). Just playing! I like the OS. Just wish there were a couple things it did that Android and iOS do. But it's still the best option.

I want that option too! Would be great for long car rides for my wife and daughter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6