lumia 730 problems

Harshal Gharat

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: Lock screen Resuming Problem

Hi Ashish,
My device is couple of days old and I am also facing the same problem, but this problem is intermittent. I have not installed any lockscreen app as such. Any suggestion on my issue?

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site

Hi Ashish,
My device is couple of days old and I am also facing the same problem, but this problem is intermittent. I have not installed any lockscreen app as such. Any suggestion on my issue?

Hi Harshal,
Did you try a soft reset? You may sometimes see Resuming message if you switch between apps. The resuming issue may be caused by the underlying app process which is somewhat in Sleep state. If its happening quite frequently, I would suggest a soft reset (Power+Volume Down Key until phone vibrates and Nokia logo is shown) as it will clear any stale processes as such and starts afresh.

Harshal Gharat

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site

Hi Harshal,
Did you try a soft reset? You may sometimes see Resuming message if you switch between apps. The resuming issue may be caused by the underlying app process which is somewhat in Sleep state. If its happening quite frequently, I would suggest a soft reset (Power+Volume Down Key until phone vibrates and Nokia logo is shown) as it will clear any stale processes as such and starts afresh.

Ashish,
Thanks for quick response for my query. I have solved this issue accidently and able to reproduce it. In order to get rid of this problem you have to keep Sunlight Readability option On from display settings. If this option is turned off you will see this issue.

I tested this on another L730 and was able to reproduce it. Let me know your observation on this.

Thanks!

Ankur Upadhyay1

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
my lumia 730's screen illuminates for few milli seconds automatically & it look weird i dont know the actual cause of the problem. & my all notifications like whatsapp mesg appear 7-8mins later then they actually come. what should i do? i have resetted my phone

Nanda Kishore2

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi, what will be screen cost?? i got my screen cracked :( is there any alternative way other than giving money to Nokia Priority care ?? please help me

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 730 dual sim network connectivity freezes, only solution to power off/on or soft reset
Freezing happened up to several times a day, at even less than one hour interval
Really annoying because makes me unreachable.
Sent the phone to assistance who re-installed the complete phone sw (hard reset), but no improvement
Having tried many different configurations, I have found a WORKAROUND that has made the phone work without problems for the last 2.5 days with this :
- voice+data SIM in slot 2
- voice only SIM in slot 1
previously I was using the opposite SIM slot configuration.
hopefully it will keep on going also in the future, until bug-fix
however it is just a temporary workaround, not a satisfactory solution: I travel between two countries, for this reason I bought a dual SIM. With this workaround one cannot use data connection in the country of SIM1
Please Microsoft fix this problem ASAP, when the phone works it is really brilliant, and with frequent crashes it is useless...
Current firmware version: 02040.00021.15063.02003
Hardware revision nr: 1.0.0.0
OS version: 8.10.14234.375
Did you purchase the phone long time ago? By looking at HW rev. its old one. Phones purchased on or after have rev. 3.0.0.1. Just do a hard reset using WDRT. Yes I know, its time consuming to setup & get going again, but lately I've seen new firmware for L730 on WDRT and I have on doubts as it could be newer firmware for prepping w10m. Check this post

Nanda Kishore2

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
hi, i am new to this windows, i am stuck with these problems .. can anyone help !!
i installed insiderpreview latest version perhaps..

1) i cant open file explorer ( it automatically exits when i open it)
2) where does the music files received from bluetooth go?? i cant find them in Groove music

can any one help me ... please

Sant

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site
My Lumia 730 often freezes (approx. every 3 hrs) when used with dual SIM. Restarting the handset solves the problem. I reported the problem at Nokia store but they just upgraded the software. When that didn't help, they sent the handset to factory for repairs. I received a call from 'head office' informing me that the handset sent for factory repair is now working fine and is thus being sent back to local Nokia support centre. Even after my repeated request and escalations, the Nokia central support (claiming that they are calling from head office/factory) refused to provide me details of what has been changed (when my handset was sent to factory for repair).The factory guys sent the back to nokia care claiming that the problem has been solved whereas the problem is as it is . When I collected the handset, I found that there is no improvement. The handset still freezes approx. every 3 hours. I do not understand this attitude of head office/factory . My problem is still not addressed. Plan to take this to consumer court.

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
My Lumia 730 often freezes (approx. every 3 hrs) when used with dual SIM. Restarting the handset solves the problem. I reported the problem at Nokia store but they just upgraded the software. When that didn't help, they sent the handset to factory for repairs. I received a call from 'head office' informing me that the handset sent for factory repair is now working fine and is thus being sent back to local Nokia support centre. Even after my repeated request and escalations, the Nokia central support (claiming that they are calling from head office/factory) refused to provide me details of what has been changed (when my handset was sent to factory for repair).The factory guys sent the back to nokia care claiming that the problem has been solved whereas the problem is as it is . When I collected the handset, I found that there is no improvement. The handset still freezes approx. every 3 hours. I do not understand this attitude of head office/factory . My problem is still not addressed. Plan to take this to consumer court.
Are you at a location with acceptable/good signal strength? Also can you tell me, current free space as reported by storage sense. One last question, do you've the latest FW and OS version mentioned in this post

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes