This is seriously the most delightful phone...

oneira

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
... I have ever owned, and I have owned a few.

Okay, admittedly I am still in the honeymoon phase with it being my first Windows Phone and only having owned it for a week.

However, the aesthetic is gorgeous, build quality is exceptional, and the OS is superb. I mean, after reading all those hundreds of iOS/Android vs WP comparos online, I was expecting something awkward and half-baked. But the Lumia 1520 as a Windows Phone is simply a marvel.

And I have none of those awkward issues with screen sensitivity, screen blemishes, tap/scroll, etc etc (yet). I did have a few seconds of weird spontaneous screen scrolling after installing Accuweather on my first day of ownership, but I deleted the app and the issue hasn't recurred.

The ONLY limitation of this experience IMHO is the poor app implementation -

I am not a programmer or developer, so I can't understand why developers would roll out half-baked versions of their apps for the Windows Phone platform. Is it inherently difficult to develop apps for this OS?

Windows 10 could fix this.

After all, if you're developing a fully-fledged app for a Windows 10 touch-screen PC, it's going to end-up being the same app for the Windows phone - no more half-baked apps.

Here's hoping, this is a platform that deserves to succeed.

SeattleSeahawks

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Ya the 1520 is a beast of a phone I absolutely this phone. I've found some very good camera apps that take the camera to a whole different level for me. So amazing this phone is.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Ya the 1520 is a beast of a phone I absolutely this phone. I've found some very good camera apps that take the camera to a whole different level for me. So amazing this phone is.

Would you post the camera apps you are using. I'm sure many of us lucky 1520 owners would appreciate enjoying your experience,

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I agree with OP. 1520 is the best high end phone, if you are ok with its size. Taking about apps/games, if you are not a hardcore gamer, WP is perfect. It has good apps more than enough for everyday need. The built quality of Nokia has always been great, many Lumias have different designs. The most important thing, 1520 captures the best photos(all phones with purview camera does a great job). Also you'll be getting 4k hd recording with Lumia Denim update. What more do you want?
Sent from whichever device I happen to be using today.

gerzhwin

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Okay, admittedly I am still in the honeymoon phase with it being my first Windows Phone and only having owned it for a week.

However, the aesthetic is gorgeous, build quality is exceptional, and the OS is superb. I mean, after reading all those hundreds of iOS/Android vs WP comparos online, I was expecting something awkward and half-baked. But the Lumia 1520 as a Windows Phone is simply a marvel.
I'm happy for you! Enjoy and never-ever mind asking in WPC forums. Have fun =]

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I have the 1520 for almost a year now and it feels powerful. One of my friends even thought that my phone was still new a new weeks ago! He marvelled at its beauty, especially on the OS.

The size is perfect for mobile gaming and watching videos. I even sold my Nexus 7 since the screen size is just an inch of difference.

It still feels powerful and flagship-class since the recent releases are with midrange SoC's and RAM.

dameon_03

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
i messed around with the 1520 again while i was in an ATT store this weeked. i then went a looked at the Note 3 and 4 and was surprised at how small they felt after the 1520.

Letros

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I agree, I just picked up the Green 1520 over the weekend, I love it. I was worried about the size, but after a few days use I'm used to it, hard to go back to my 920, feels so small! I miss wireless charging, but I only really used it on my night stand.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes