Would the 735 be an upgrade from my 822?

Darthbobcat

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
After reading that Verizon is getting the Lumia 735 at some point soonish, I'm wondering how it would compare with my Lumia 822, AKA the best windows phone ever (IMO). I'd definitely be open to an upgrade for a middling Windows Phone, I'm just wondering what I'd be gaining and losing (aside from Glance and a camera button.)

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
The only upgrade would be that you're getting 8.1 and Denim instead of waiting for Verizon to release it. I too have owned an 822 since day one and it has been rock solid! Hardware wise it's more of a side grade isn't it? I love the design because it looks so much like the 920 and I would've gone for it. But Verizon's lack of support for Windows Phone has really pushed me to AT&T, this weekend I'll go with them while getting me an 830.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Gains:
Better looking (IMO),
Power efficient processor so better battery life
Sensor core
Better support (may be? Considering its Verizon)
Early access to Denim
Better camera
LTE band 4 so may be LTE on T-Mobile and ATT?

Cons:
Can't think of any

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
After reading that Verizon is getting the Lumia 735 at some point soonish, I'm wondering how it would compare with my Lumia 822, AKA the best windows phone ever (IMO). I'd definitely be open to an upgrade for a middling Windows Phone, I'm just wondering what I'd be gaining and losing (aside from Glance and a camera button.)

Think the same, was going with the icon but now I'm on hold till we see what happens with Verizon. They do have reliable service for me, but there selection of W phones suck.

Gesh75

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Well I can say from personal experience so far (my video review of the 735 is due some time next week on my youtube channel: Gesh75). The biggest differences I noticed in daily use are: General performance the new configuration (snapdragon 400 4 cores +1GB ram) is slightly faster in the main interface and menu's, but allot faster in apps like whatsapp for example (no resume screen) and quick at launching heavy games. Also Multi-tasking and browser performance is faster. Camera btw is also allot faster with the shot-to-shot times, and will no doubt be even faster with the upcoming updates.
So in short yes it would be a very wise upgrade for you. Also the screen is amazing ,clear black OLED just like on your 822, but with 720p HD resolution.
Also picture results are allot better it has the big aperture lens of the 720 which was already great, with the quality comparable and even overtaking the likes of the S4 and ip5 in the dark. And the front camera doesn't need an introduction I figure. So again I'd call it a no brainer! :cool:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well you get a better display (no glance though)
larger battery
no onscreen buttons, no camera button
camera is lower res, but has a larger aperture (depends I guess)
color options perhaps?

although it looks like it won't drop until next year.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon