No "Lumia Camera" app on my 830?

bubb1ez

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I recently bought my Lumia 830, from spark in NZ.
Absolutely love it except for one thing.
I'm stuck with "Nokia Camera". Now correct me if I'm wrong but as I am on denim should I not have Lumia Camera app instead?
It does not show up in the store and if I search for it in IE and get the app link it says it's not available in the store.
Tried pushing it from my PC with windows store website but it says it's not compatible with my device.
I even tried uninstalling Nokia Camera which only left me without either as I couldn't even reinstall Nokia Camera, I had to reset the phone to get it back.

I've noticed one other person here mention this but they got no response, I'm hoping someone else has managed to find a solution :/

Thanks
Marcus

Update: Unfortunately not Laura, it gives me the (sadly) familiar message of "this item is not available from the store"

Last edited:

bubb1ez

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately not. Gives me an error that "this item is not available in the store"
Also I have tried both US and NZ app stores and neither works.

Isn't lumia camera classic the older renamed version of Nokia camera. It lacks the moment capture that Lumia camera has on the 830, 930 and 1520 so this isn't what I'm after, it's actually what I'm stuck with.

Wam1q

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately not. Gives me an error that "this item is not available in the store"
Also I have tried both US and NZ app stores and neither works.

Isn't lumia camera classic the older renamed version of Nokia camera. It lacks the moment capture that Lumia camera has on the 830, 930 and 1520 so this isn't what I'm after, it's actually what I'm stuck with.

It's a bit confusing, but Lumia Camera v5 (with all the improvements) isn't available yet. You'll receive an OTA update later this year which will contain Lumia Camera v5. Till then, use Lumia Camera v4 (Lumia Camera Classic for you). That's a separate app so that you could use the retro (hence Classic) version later if you want to. You don't need to install any app to get the new Lumia Camera. Just wait for the OTA update. Here's the link for the Classic version: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/s...-classic/80b4b4a2-f7aa-49f0-b8ab-7b7390ce1014

bubb1ez

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
It's a bit confusing, but Lumia Camera v5 (with all the improvements) isn't available yet. You'll receive an OTA update later this year which will contain Lumia Camera v5. Till then, use Lumia Camera v4 (Lumia Camera Classic for you). That's a separate app so that you could use the retro (hence Classic) version later if you want to.

Thanks for clearing that up. Very confusing haha so I can just remove Nokia camera and stick with Lumia Camera Classic until the update is released?

Wam1q

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for clearing that up. Very confusing haha so I can just remove Nokia camera and stick with Lumia Camera Classic until the update is released?

You can compare and see which is faster... If the built-in Nokia Camera is faster, better use that. Otherwise uninstall and just use Lumia Camera Classic.

ivor1024

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I have exact same problem with my 930, I'm also stuck with lumia camera classic as lumia camera is not available in my store. My friend just bought 630 and lumia camera updated itself to v4.9.2.1 right away at first internet connection

Wam1q

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I have exact same problem with my 930, I'm also stuck with lumia camera classic as lumia camera is not available in my store. My friend just bought 630 and lumia camera updated itself to v4.9.2.1 right away at first internet connection

That's because the 630 will get the same old Nokia Camera renamed as Lumia Camera. Your 930 will get a new improved Lumia Camera and if you want to run the old app, you could use Lumia Camera Classic. You just need to wait.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon