How do I extend the text message expire time?

Gaz_oiD

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
Text message expiry time

When I send a text message, it expires after 24 hours if not read and I get a "could not be delivered" message, can I extend that time to more than 24 hours?

Thanks, GaZ

Mellifluous

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: Text message expiry time

I don't have that issue. Sounds like a network issue so you could try contacting them - which one are you on?

Gaz_oiD

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site

Virgin Mobile in the UK,
All other phones I have had in the past NOT windows phones have had an option to change the expiry time from an hour to upto a week, including other phones I have been using with Virgin mobile in the past

Mellifluous

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site

Do you have sms delivery confirmation on or something on your phone (in messaging settings)? If your query is related to having this on I would turn it off. If you don't have it on I would speak to Virgin to turn off whatever message expiry feature you have enabled as this doesn't sound normal.

Gaz_oiD

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site

Yes I have delivery confirmation ON, always works perfect and I get instant delivery reports. I just find it strange I'm unable to find a setting that lets me decide how long the text should be valid before it is stopped being sent like I have had on all my previous phones. I don't think its a problem with Virgin because surly the option should be available in message settings and there is nothing there. A text is sent for 24 hours with no option to change that limit.

PS, I suppose there is nothing wrong with having a word with Virgin but turning off limits and being able to choose a time limit is two different things

Mellifluous

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site

I don't think the texts are not being sent, I think for some reason some phones don't feed back receipt confirmations.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon