Double Tap to wake not working

shamrockhead

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi
Ive only had this phone for a few days.
The double tap to wake did work for the first few days of using this phone, then the double tap to wake no longer worked. I have done a reset and it is still not working. This seems to be a known issue. Will there be an update to fix this fault, or do I need to send the phone back to amazon where I bought it?
Thanks

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello again :p Did you try playing with the touch settings? set it to high and try the double tap again. This is not a solution, but lets say i'm thinking out loud

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I have another problem linked to Double Tap. Whenever I lock my phone (or locks itself after 15sec) it wakes up again ONCE after ~10sec. as if I pressed the power button. I only need to 'slide up' to unlock it.

I own my 928 since it came out and only last few months been using Double Tap, the problem has started since then. It really doesn't bother me at all but I know its not supposed to happen. I thought the last DP update fixed it but after few days it started again

OP sorry I went off topic. But in your case I would suggest you reinstall Touch from Settings

Last edited:

shamrockhead

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
AV2RY
Hi
I also experienced the phone waking itself up, just before the double tap to wake function stopped working.
I reinstalled double tap to wake after doing several phone resets, both to no avail.
Are you using the wireless charger that came with phone?

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I didnt get wireless charger when I bought my phone (in MS store). But I do have one I bought from ATT. Anyways, it wakes up anytime whether I'm charging (cable, wireless) or not

shamrockhead

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
I didnt get wireless charger when I bought my phone (in MS store). But I do have one I bought from ATT. Anyways, it wakes up anytime whether I'm charging (cable, wireless) or not

im wondering if the wireless charger frazzled my phone, as tap to wake was functioning at one point.

Mars2003

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Try squashing the top right of the phone together. The glass panel in mine was raising up 1mm and that was messing with the proximity sensor, which in turn stopped double tap from working. I took mine to a care point and they replaced the screen and metal frame. Problem solved 😃

shamrockhead

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Try squashing the top right of the phone together. The glass panel in mine was raising up 1mm and that was messing with the proximity sensor, which in turn stopped double tap from working. I took mine to a care point and they replaced the screen and metal frame. Problem solved ��
Thanks but doesn't work.

sketchedout

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi

Sorry to read you got this issue. Mine also does the same but also stays black when on a call. As previous poster mentioned if I squeeze the top right corner it seems to temporarily fix both issues for me. I have sent mine off twice for repair without success which is really frustrating. I decided to pop the back off the phone today which is actually really simple. When you remove the sim tray completely you can see a small bit of the back cover clipped in. Gently pressing that out with a small enough tool unclips it and then you can gently prise the rest off. Where the top right area is there is a tiny screw, one of the typical electronics hex shaped ones. I tightened that some more and clicked cover back into place and so far its working again!! There is another thread where this is mentioned too. Don't do this though if you don't feel comfortable with it.

I have the orange one so I've decided to order a black back plate as I like the black back plate better which I think will look nice with the aluminium frame, rather than the all black design.

Amazon are usually good with exchanges.

As others have pointed out there are plenty of people out there with no issues with their phones but one common issue does seem to be this screen lift problem which seems to lead to double tap to wake not working / screen remaining black on call. Hope you get yours sorted.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon