Accounts - NOT UP TO DATE

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I had to rebuild my ICON a few weeks ago and my Microsoft Account and Twitter account always show NOT UP TO DATE. I try to manually sync them and same problem. Any suggestions?

I'm on the very latest Dev. Preview...

jazz70

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I had to rebuild my ICON a few weeks ago and my Microsoft Account and Twitter account always show NOT UP TO DATE. I try to manually sync them and same problem. Any suggestions?

I'm on the very latest Dev. Preview...

soft reset has worked for me for the few times I noticed my gmail and MS account were not syncing when running the DP

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
soft reset has worked for me for the few times I noticed my gmail and MS account were not syncing when running the DP

I've never had this problem before. But give a soft reset a shot and let us know if that fixes the problem.

Just in case you're not familiar with a soft reset: All you've got to do is hold down the power button for about 10 seconds until the phone vibrates and restarts itself.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I've never had this problem before. But give a soft reset a shot and let us know if that fixes the problem.

Just in case you're not familiar with a soft reset: All you've got to do is hold down the power button for about 10 seconds until the phone vibrates and restarts itself.

Good advice...did that...sadly, they both still show NOT UP TO DATE. I hope I don't need to reset again but I may have to.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
That's a bummer...

Settings -> email+accounts -> Microsoft Account

What does it say there?

Microsoft Account Says NOT UP TO DATE. Details say OUTLOOK ERROR WE CAN'T SYNC RIGHT NOW. ERROR CODE: 80070490

For Twitter: NOT UP TO DATE. Details: We're having a problem connecting. Error Code 0.

My Exchange email account is fine. And I do get Outlook.com emails fine. Just always showing this status. All since my last hard reset.

Happens on both Wi-Fi and cellular networks.

yihong kang

May 5, 2014
Visit site
How about the date and time? Are they correct?
I had some trouble before, when the date and time were wrong, I couldn't connect to any account.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
How about the date and time? Are they correct?
I had some trouble before, when the date and time were wrong, I couldn't connect to any account.

They were correct and set to automatically update...I set it to manual, tried a sync to see if it would work and same thing: NOT UP TO DATE. Turned automatic back on, same error.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Try to login on your ms account on your PC.
And see what happens.

In your mail is there somewhere a e-mail to verify your account?

Last edited:

AlastorX50

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
They were correct and set to automatically update...I set it to manual, tried a sync to see if it would work and same thing: NOT UP TO DATE. Turned automatic back on, same error.

The last time I had this happen I deleted my onedrive back up on the phone and it fixed the sync issue I had.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I removed Twitter to see what would happen to the Microsoft Account. It immediately went into SYNCING but ended up going back to NOT UP TO DATE...added Twitter back...same thing...NO UP TO DATE...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes