Verizon HTC One M8 for Windows sold unlocked?

WP8Expert

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
So I read an article where they said that the Verizon HTC One M8 for Windows is sold unlocked. Can someone verify this? As I plan to buy a unit and ship it to my location (Singapore).

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
All Verizon LTE phones are unlocked, due to an agreement with the FCC over the bands they use. So yes, all Verizon LTE phones work with virtually all GSM carriers worldwide. One thing to remember though is that LTE data may not be available, but HSPA(+) and everything else should be good.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
T-Mo and Verizon play nicely on band 13, so if you are planning on T-Mobile usage, you're good... The bad though, there's no way to edit the MMS APN on the device... Sorry

i5evo

May 17, 2013
Visit site
So there is no way for a Verizon unlocked M8 to work on T-Mobile? Don't know what the MMS APN does for you. Thanks!

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
The Verizon M8 for Windows works out of the box on T-Mobile with a T-Mobile Nano SIM. You will get HSPA+ 21 speeds with the 850 and 900 bands and LTE (where available) on the 1900 and LTE band 13. It works very well on those frequencies.

That said, there is no way to enable the MMS settings. MMS is picture messaging. So when someone sends you a long text that is sent as 'one message' it won't come through. When someone sends you a picture message, it won't come through. If someone tries to message you a ringtone, it won't come through. Any media sent through the Messaging App will not be received.

Other than that, the out of the box VZW device will work just fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes