Bluetooth Audio in Car

carlson03

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Guys, I want to know if anyone has been successful in having their Windows phone start playback when connected to a Bluetooth device. Since I will be putting Bluetooth in my car, I want it to, when it connects start playing my playlist.
I know my buddy's iPhone will do this automatically in his F150...Its not a deal breaker for me, I won't be leaving WP because of it, since I can manually start playing, but would be very convenient for it to do it for me. I Know when it leaves the Bluetooth, it will quit playing.

MoshMast

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I have had a few different radios and for the most part whatever I was listening to will resume automatically upon connecting to my car. I've had it stop a few times but I think it was because my old radio was crap.

If I was not playing anything, it will not usually start playing anything but I have had a few unexplained occasions where it will start from the first alphabetical order song and play the collection. That part is still a mystery to me but hasn't happened in awhile so I've let it be.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Guys, I want to know if anyone has been successful in having their Windows phone start playback when connected to a Bluetooth device. Since I will be putting Bluetooth in my car, I want it to, when it connects start playing my playlist.
I know my buddy's iPhone will do this automatically in his F150...Its not a deal breaker for me, I won't be leaving WP because of it, since I can manually start playing, but would be very convenient for it to do it for me. I Know when it leaves the Bluetooth, it will quit playing.

I know you are asking about the 920 but (for reference) my 928 has no problems with the hands free Bluetooth audio system in my Toyota. It automatically connects when I get in the car and, unless I have the audio system turned off, starts playing music. It also picks up wherever it left off when I get back in the car. There have also been no problems since the Black firmware release, other than some quirks with an early DP version. At the OS level you really should have no problems....

carlson03

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Cool, so will it function the same with a portable Bluetooth speaker? I am not too concerned about where it starts playing if I don't have a list queued up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers