Why do I have a erratic iSO adjust after manually setting shutter speed?

ExitAisle

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
erratic ISO adjust after manually setting shutter speed

When I change the shutter speed in Lumia Camera lens on my 1020, sometimes I see red lines under the iso and shutter speed to indicate they are adjusting in tandem; the picture using a higher shutter speed is properly exposed... sometimes his doesn't happen. sometimes when I adjust the shutter speed the ISO does not adjust and the picture is either blown out white or solid black... this happens sporadically and I can't see a pattern... Assuming this is operator error or something I don't understand, I wonder if there is a situation in which the ISO is NOT supposed to work in tandem with shutter speed to insure correct exposure? I feel a need to use higher shutter speeds because it's so hard to hold the camera steady.

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
The red line means the setting you're using is not recommended by the app's algorithm, but it won't block you from using it anyway...

EDIT: I remember a Nokia video on YouTube during the early days of the 1020 when they used the manual setting when they were taking pictures in an aquarium.
That's how I understand the red line...

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs