Lumia Denim on Nokia Lumia 635 is Amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hakeem Greeen

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Yup. Unfortunately no denim yet for us Lumia 635 users in the US. Saw it somewhere that tmobile doesn't plan on releasing it for Lumia 635. Not sure how true this is.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Yup. Unfortunately no denim yet for us Lumia 635 users in the US. Saw it somewhere that tmobile doesn't plan on releasing it for Lumia 635. Not sure how true this is.

Doesn't matter that much, the main improvements in Denim seem to be for higher end CPUs. Maybe Lumia Camera could benefit though.

anon(9057135)

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
He didn't get an update for the extras+info setting so its NOT the info bug. He got an update via the update setting after enabling an Insider branch, which updated his 8.1 build and didn't bring him to 10. So you tell me how that isn't MS giving his phone Denim OTA.

Thank You!! You explained it well!

Hakeem Greeen

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Doesn't matter that much, the main improvements in Denim seem to be for higher end CPUs. Maybe Lumia Camera could benefit though.

Yeah. Even Daniel himself said there pretty much won't be any features for low end devices in denim. Hopefully this won't be the case for windows 10.

Bobby Phoenix

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Just giving my two cents. I used the insider app to go to Windows 10. It did one update, and I checked Extra Info. It 100% said Denim. I could have stayed there, but ran it again, and upgraded to 10. I'm in Florida, so the 635 can in fact get Denim now if they want to use the app. I actually rolled back to 8.1 Cyan via recovery tool because 10 was way too buggy for me. I'm thinking of doing it again just get Denim again, and stay there.

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Just giving my two cents. I used the insider app to go to Windows 10. It did one update, and I checked Extra Info. It 100% said Denim. I could have stayed there, but ran it again, and upgraded to 10. I'm in Florida, so the 635 can in fact get Denim now if they want to use the app. I actually rolled back to 8.1 Cyan via recovery tool because 10 was way too buggy for me. I'm thinking of doing it again just get Denim again, and stay there.

And I was right >:D
Hows Lumia Camera 5 working for ya? Quick and fast like they say?

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Of course it said Denim, it will say Denim on every device that has 8.1 Update 1 whether it has the Denim version of the firmware or not. How many times does this need to be said before people get it?

If it really has firmware updated to Denim version from Cyan version, go into the "about" setting, select "more information" and take a screenshot of the Firmware version. The "extras + info" field means exactly zero in this respect.

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Thats a Cyan Firmware # (same as on my 635) no eat words needed..jeez not Denim
Not sure what is so hard to understand in this thread. OP should change title.

No Denim for 635 in USA..yet...its is a bug

^
This

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for posting that. It is the Cyan firmware version. There is no "Denim firmware" on your phone.

That's because I haven't activated an insider branch XD!
I need to find the time to backup my SD card first before getting Denim then the preview. Sorry :p

Oh don't worry, if nobody steps forward before I do ill be sure to make you eat those words buddy. :)

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Good luck searching for screenshots like OP

Oh I wont be searching, wont have to, all I have todo is take a screenshot. ;)

Whether you believe me or not is irrelevant in the case of updating. I ALWAYS back up my stuff before every update. You can never be too careful.

Bobby Phoenix

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Of course it said Denim, it will say Denim on every device that has 8.1 Update 1 whether it has the Denim version of the firmware or not. How many times does this need to be said before people get it?

If it really has firmware updated to Denim version from Cyan version, go into the "about" setting, select "more information" and take a screenshot of the Firmware version. The "extras + info" field means exactly zero in this respect.

Well something was changed if not just Cyan to Denim in name. I know for a fact I could not create folders on the home screen when it said Cyan, but now they can be made with Denim. So it's not "just a bug with it saying Denim". Features did change too.

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Well something was changed if not just Cyan to Denim in name. I know for a fact I could not create folders on the home screen when it said Cyan, but now they can be made with Denim. So it's not "just a bug with it saying Denim". Features did change too.

yes it is...Live Folders have been out for months on Cyan on the 635

Jack Neill

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
You are confused or misinformed my friend, Denim was not required for Live Folders. I had it on Cyan as soon as 8.1.1 was released in the DP Program.. Go ahead and tell me I am wrong.. Whatever. It really doesn't matter.. But you are wrong..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes